Nolly Not working as plugin for Logic X

The plugin is installed as per the instructions from the download page, and I’ve done clean installs of both Logic and the Nolly plugin.

I cannot get the plugin to respond as it should. In the plugin manager it shows up as “effect” and cannot be accessed as a software instrument. When launched as an effect it will not pass signal through.

I can launch the standalone program, but cannot get Logic to let me record with it as a plugin from within the software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you creating an audio track? Or trying to add it as an effect on a software instrument track? Because it won’t work if you’re creating a software instrument then adding it as an effect. Because software instrument is for recording midi data. Create an audio track and add it in the effects chain there. :slightly_smiling_face:

Fantastic. Thank you! I’m still new to logic, so clearly I have no idea what I’m doing.

Many thanks again!

1 Like

Nice one. Happy to help mate

I’m having the same problem with both Nolly and Tim Henson. They work great as standalone amps, but Logic Pro X doesn’t recognize them under “Audio FX” (it says “No plugin”), yet in the Plugin Manager, both Nolly and Tim Henson show up and they say they’re in use. Yes, I’m using an Audio track, too.

I’ve tried manually deleting the plugin using this path:
Macintosh HD / Library / Audio / Plug-ins / Components / … and then downloaded and reinstalled the plugin, but the same issue persists.

Running a Mac Mini with the new M1 chip, with Big Sur OS 11.4, and Logic 10.6.3. Thanks

IDK how familiar you are with Logic - here is the basic way to set up an audio plugin like the NDSPs. Forgive me if you already know this and plz further explain any issues.

Create an audio track and choose your guitar input channel as input.

1. Click and hold on Audio FX and scroll all the way down the list to item “AU plugins”
  2. Another list appears to the right - follow to “Neural DSP”
  3. Yet another list - follow “Archetype Nolly”
  4. Yet another list - select “Mono to Stereo”

The plugin window opens and you should be good to go! Note that the NDSP plugin presets are low volume so be prepared to boost the output volume a few dBs.

Logic’s “snake menu” FX selection can be a challenge and is long overdue for an update…

1 Like

Thanks hasse_fx - that halfway worked, because I can now load Nolly. But the Tim Henson plugin still doesn’t show up. Only Nolly is visible in your step 3 above. What’s with that? lol

OK - could you make a screen dump of the prefs->plugins window, showing the two NDSP plugins?

Well, it looks just as it should when things are allright. What you could try is to click on the Tim Henson line and then the “Reset and Rescan Selection” button. If the plugin doesn’t show up then in the “plugin tree” it’s defeinitely a case for support@neuraldsp.com

If you can see the plugin validated in the Plugin Manager but you cannot use it in audio sessions, please try the following:

1) Go to the User Library folder and delete these files:

• ~/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64.plist
  • ~/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.audio.InfoHelper
  • ~/Library/Caches/ AudioUnitCache
  • ~/Library/Caches/ com.apple.audio.AUHostingService.x86-64
  • ~/Library/Caches/ com.apple.audio.InfoHelper

2) After that, restart Logic Pro X and wait for the global rescan.

3) Create an audio session, then check if the plugin is now available in the audio track’s FX slot.

This seems to be a common issue between Logic Pro X and Apple M1 security chips.

If nothing works, please contact us at support@neuraldsp.com