Any word on CorOS 2.0?

I’m not as familiar with Helix but I think the issue that myself and others have is that the QC was advertised as having various features coming soon after launch that are still not available or probably even close to being available, years later. I feel like if you hype something up that much and miss the mark, more clear and consistent communication with customers would go a long way in easing frustrations. I’m sure Helix had its highs and lows on the road to becoming are fully fleshed out platform, but (and I can’t speak to Helix specifically) the poor communication from Neural with regards to QC development updates is something I don’t feel I experience often with other companies. Neural went heavy on the hype train for their flagship product which makes the relative silence stand out more to me.

3 Likes

So many of you keep saying it’s weird or unusual that we aren’t getting regular, specific dev updates on the progress of the software. Can any of you saying that point out any specific software or hardware companies that provide this sort of information that meets your standards? I ask, because I can’t think of a single company that does this. And if you can’t think of anyone, then maybe it’s time you reevaluated your position on this topic? I’m just sayin’…

4 Likes

That’s good to know. What, specifically, is going to be in the next fractal update and when, specifically, will it be coming out?? I assume they have never missed an expected update delivery date, too??

What lack of communication? The last update I read said that, baring anything major uncovered in testing, they were targeting an end of the year release. Since it’s past the end of the year, I assume they hit something they couldn’t dev past by that time. So we wait for another update. Considering most people and offices are still on vacation right now, it doesn’t seem unreasonable to give them a bit to update us further. Until then, it feels like they have communicated exactly what’s happening to me.

2 Likes

I am not getting into the debate on the QC update, but your comments on Helix are rather blinkered. Helix was much more of a complete product at launch, with a good desktop editor and filing system, far more amps, cabs, and effects, and more capability with stomps and modes. It never needed much more in the way of functionality, because it was already there. Updates have been regular, adding more blocks of all types, and the recent cabs upgrade is very good. You may be right that the cabs UI is copied from QC, but QC is already copying many of the approaches used by Line6 and Fractal for years. Many people say that the sound of the QC is better, but my Helix is still capable of producing sounds just as good as my QC or Axe-FX3. The selling points with QC were captures, touch screen, combined stomps/rotary encoders, and the promise of much more to come. The promises that QC woulld rapidly catch up with features that other modellers had from launch were important, and they have not materialised. A desktop editor and a usable local filing system for arranging presets and backups, are pretty basic. They have still not been delivered, and probably won’t be in the expected update.

6 Likes

I’m repeating myself at this point, so I’ll stop flogging this dead horse. My best to you all and I hope you all find satisfaction and happiness. I’ve got a new Nightswan I need to setup and start enjoying. Happy New Year everyone! =]

2 Likes

Depending on how far Neural is from delivering the capacity to run their plugins from the QC, if I were in Neural marketing, I might consider offering current QC owners their choice of a couple of plugins - free. A gesture of good will such as this would probably mollify a lot of users, particularly the early adopters who have been waiting two years for this feature. The offer wouldn’t have to stay in place forever, just until the plugin feature appeared on the QC. Much of any revenue lost by the promotion might be mitigated by the generation of additional buyers of the QC who would be motivated to purchase the QC before the free plugin promotion ended.

Users could utilize the plugins in their DAWs until the QC integration and the promotion would have the additional advantage of immediately acquainting users with the plugins such that once they are integrated into the QC, they would be encouraged and more likely to purchase additional ones to “complete the set”.

In the way of an albeit somewhat dissimilar analogy, the offer, for example, of a discounted price on Native with purchase of an HX product, was/is probably am effective incentive for Line 6.

7 Likes

Neural must be within days of delivering the 2.0 firmware. Call me an infernal optimist but that seems like the most likely outcome to explain why they have not issued a new status update. I would say they have a window of a few more days before the unrest goes to a new level. Imminent delivery is the only motivation that makes sense to me given the lack of a status update. If that is not the case, it is a strategic marketing error IMHO.

8 Likes

7 Likes

I’m going to keep playing my guitar

3 Likes

Happy New Year ALL! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Maybe the real CorOS 2.0 were the friends we made along the way

5 Likes

Two Notes just released their Revolt amp pedal.
it was delayed by almost 3 months from the advertised release date.
when they saw they cant deliver it as promised, they immediately gifted a large cabs pack for free for those who pre order it.
this how a company who respect themselves and respect their customers act !
its not about free stuff, its about the fact they appreciate their customers and not taking for granted when their customers spent big amount of money. (not as much as we did)

i really think this kind of gesture from neural will be much appreciate by all of us.
again, its not about free plugin. its about good faith and appreciation for us the customers who backed them up, and being more than patients waiting for basic promises like the editor.

7 Likes

First of all, I love my QC, but I think, that the communication is not so good. They’ve sent a large amount of Emails regarding the Black Friday sales, but it would be nice to get a little more information. For me it‘s not so much about the 2.0 update. What about the desktop editor, what about the plugins.
They never said, that they would provide all this info, but it would be nice to get more infos along the way.
On the website is a list with effects for the QC and there are many missing right now. What is the timeframe for them, are they coming or not?

5 Likes

Yes, you are repeating yourself.

Whilst a great gesture from Two-Notes, non of us are missing out on a product release - we all have the product we’ve paid for. What is lacking is strong expectation management from the company, albeit they did caveat their release comment.

you missed my point.
both situations are kinda the same.
as much as this unit is great, there are fundamental features missing yet. (i dont need to explain it to you).
many people have bought this unit knowing features like editor / hybrid mode / basic effects etc will be added as soon as possible. some of us are waiting nearly two years.
again, the QC is great, but , those features should have been added long time ago because they announced those features at the release of the QC. this is different situation then come up with a fresh idea and implement it the next update.
and once again, i dont really need free plugin, but i really think gesture like this will show some respect and appreciation to their customers .
they are reading all of our comments here, so why non of the devs give us some info about the editor? even if they will say we need to wait more, people will understand and support them, yet i did not see anyone open a conversation with us. this example IMO doesnt give me insensitive to be patient . we deserved at least that.

3 Likes

December update:

"A few small issues were found in the recent beta build of CorOS 2.0.0. A new version was released to testers on Dec 30th. Provided no showstoppers are found in the new build, we are confident that we should be able to release CorOS 2.0.0 in the coming days.

Thank you for your patience, and happy new year!"

7 Likes