Allow one parameter per switch in stomp and scene modes

While actively playing and creating, I like the Stomp View so that I don’t have to engage my brain to remember what each switch is assigned to.

Most of the time, when actively playing, I tweak only one main parameter per device. If I’m using Stomp View, and want to change a single parameter on a single device I have to:

• Close the Stomp View
  • Select the device
  • change the parameter
  • press the device parameter “Done” Button
  • Switch back to Stomp View
    Now I’m out of my creative head and in my “engage technology” head.

When trying to interact with devices in Stomp and Scene modes, I want to assign a single parameter for that device assigned to a switch’s knob.

These can be shown on the Stomp Layout screen so it’s quick and obvious what the switch and the knob do

Example:

• Switch A is mapped to an overdrive device and overdrive gain is mapped to Switch A knob
  • Switch B is mapped to an phaser device and Speed is mapped to Switch B knob
  • Switch C is mapped to an Amp device and Volume is mapped to Switch C knob
  • Switch D is mapped to a Delay device and Feedback is mapped to Switch D knob
  • Switch E is mapped to a Reverb device and Mix is mapped to Switch E knob

Now I have quick access to 10 key controls (bypass and 1 parameter) that I can tweak without leaving the Stomp Board View for quick changes.

I can imagine the same capability in Scene mode would be useful.

I’d like to see the rotaries be assignable to any parameter in use by the current scene both in scene mode and Stomp mode. Most other units (VG-99 is an example) allow any front panel knobs or buttons to be assignable when in performance mode.

There are many use cases for this. For example I may want to control the Gain block to make quick tweaks to the gain while playing. Also it would be useful to be able to control the output of one or many rows by assigning their gain to the rotaries.

I hope this feature can be added since without this, it seems wasted potential for the rotaries to be only used in edit mode.

1 Like

I have already post this one Allow one parameter per switch in stomp and scene modes

1 Like

Thanks voted on it. Hadn’t seen your request.

It would be great to be able to manage the parameters of each amp or effects with minimum (pedal off) and maximum (pedal on) values ​​in Stomp mode and assign N parameters to each of them. With this you don’t have to sacrifice two footswitches to do the same thing in scene mode

AGREED. I like using stomp mode more than scenes and really miss this feature from my Helix.

1 Like

Bump for this feature! I definitely want to use the power of these genius rotary knobs while not in a parameter window. To assign any parameter to a knob for use in stomp/scene/gig view would be so useful for quick tweaks on the fly (I guess this is just an expansion of the expression assignment capability?). I’ll take creative tactile control over menu diving anyday!

To piggyback on this idea, I think it would also be useful to be able to long press on the specific block in gig view and be taken directly into that block’s parameters instead of exiting gig view, long pressing on that block, etc etc

just so i understand, you mean assigning a parameter to each rotator knob right?

1 Like

Voted :+1: Has there been any indication that Neural are considering incorporating this function? - would certainly be something else which helps the QC stand out from say Fractal (although of course Fender also has rotary switches)

I just thought of this because when I bought by QC and sold by Fractal AX8, I was slightly disappointed to see that the QC only had two Expression pedal inputs, rather than 4 on the AX8. With the AX8 I was able to plug in both of my Mission pedal “outputs” to the AX8 and use the switch function set up to turn Wah on and Off, but then still have my other expression pedal plugged in for controlling say Univibe/tremelo speed etc on the fly.
My current setup with QC is to just use one output from my mission pedal and set it to Auto engage for Wah (quite like that now- better than taking up a switch on the QC to engage the Wah block) -I have my other expression pedal plugged in to the QC’s 2nd EXP input and use that to control Univide speed or whatever when an effect like that is engaged (also for Whammy pedal).

It’s be great when playing to be able to reach down and turn a knob in performance mode to chage a paremeter of whichever pedal /block is assigned to that switch - I wonder if this could open the opportunity to be able to create radiohead type sci-fi effects using delay/self oscillation etc? (side note; is this currently possible?; haven’t been able to do it)
Would also be really useful for say adjusting the gain/level of say a fuzz block on the fly at gig/rehearsal without having to tap in to the pedal parameters etc.