What speaker will you use for home practice or band reherasal

With my Helix, I have used a few and still have most of them:

• Line 6 L2T - very powerful, flat in response and great dispersion even offers good real amp feel.
    A little heavy and has a fan that is not very loud, but still can be annoying. Has a built in mixer and some other cool built in features you may never use. I don’t like that when it is on the floor it defaults to a setting that rolls the low end off. A little spendy.

• XiTone coax 12 wedge passive w/ Crown XLS1500 power amp (I have used others at twice the price) - I use this the majority of the time at home and to build tones, it is my ‘reference’ rig. All around awesome with extremely good amp in the room feel. Build quality is off the charts, and the owner will answer your email. Highly recommend if it’s in your budget.

• Line 6 Powercab 112 Plus - This was a good cab, but it didn’t stick for me. I sold it. for me, it wasn’t better than my other solutions, the built in IR’s were OK but not earth shattering. It offered pretty good real amp feel (not as good as others, which surprised me) and it was a bit more directional. The form factor was appealing to many as it looks more like an amp, to me, that only made it more difficult to tote around.

• Headrush 108 - Super compact, very loud, pretty open, decent amp feel, a bit bass heavy. This is a very impressive cab for it size and weight - price too. It is bass heavy so if you use it to build your tones, you may find your sound thin or bright in other rigs. Or, if you use something that is more flat in response, you will likely want to compensate for the heavy bottom when you use the Headrush. Helix global EQ made this a snap.

BTW, I have suggested adding a Global EQ to Quad Cortex. If you like the idea, please vote for it.

1 Like

Currently I’m using a Yamaha DRX10
Love it and it can get very loud.

Is the fan noisy. Could it handle a bass?

G

I have used all my rigs accept the Powercab - just never tried it - for Bass as well as guitar with no problem - and I play 5 string.

The fan in the L2t is loud enough that it bothers me for practicing in my home office, but no issue other than that.

The Crown XLS1500 also has a fan, but it never kicks on unless I am playing loud enough that I can’t hear it.

IEM in regearsal and headphones or connected to the stereo at home :slight_smile:

Has anyone used any Accugroove FRFR Cabs with this? I have an Active Accugroove El Whappo I am planning to use this with for Bass and see how it works with Guitar also. I can run Guitar through my amp head and Tone Tubby’s if not to my liking Just curious if anyone has tried any of the Accugroove .