Volume Wheel

for that matter one of the 2 provided Expression Pedal inputs could be devoted to the output(s) for onstage monitoring. i.e. stage volume pedal.

For my purposes, if it worked like the Kemper it would be great. The Kemper just allows you to assign each output individually to the big volume knob or not. That way the stereo FOH outputs could be permanently dimed if you want and NOT controlled by the knob, but the output that goes to my on-stage cabinet could be assigned to the knob.

3 Likes

Hope this will be possible with a future Firmware update!

2 Likes

You could actually just tap the lane output and adjust the volume (offset) of that lane and tap save. Not as fast as an expression pedal that is assigned to the lane output, but certainly workable. You could also use a rotary dial expression knob. One of those small boxes can be built easily and cheap and it would do the trick.

The best solution although would be the ability to assign any lane output to the volume knob. FOH gets a fixed (lane) value and any amp/monitor on stage can be offset with the volume knob on a different lane by using a splitter after all blocks.

Cheers, Todde

1 Like

…Nothing a little gaffe tape couldn’t fix…Sometimes you gotta go a little lo-tech on the hi-tech…

I agree. Why can’t it work the same as the Kemper’s volume options? This is a major oversight IMO. What happens when a drunken dancer falls on the stage and bumps the volume knob? We’re just supposed to be okay with the sound cranking up (or down) in our monitors or FOH? This is a basic function that should be addressed in the early stages of building the unit. A simple way to disable or lock the volume knob shouldn’t be hard.

2 Likes

Hopefully it will get to the place you can allocate the volume knob to a specific function rather than all. I could see a volume screen and each switch would be able to adjust volumes and the large knob could be locked to a certain output.

The HX Stomp has a feature where you choose what the main volume knob control does. I have mine set to control headphones level only which puts the main outputs at unity gain no matter where the volume knob is. That would be enough to make me happy.

2 Likes

Yes. We need to be able to assign the volume knob to whatever we want.
But, on a related note, make a rack mounted version of QC.
I don’t want a snake of cords coming out of $1600 stomp box back to my back line rack.
Put the “brains” in a rack and have a remote stomp box out front to control it.
I do not want to squat down to make minor tweaks in the middle of a performance. I want to walk back to my rack and spin knobs at eye level.
My prediction: Neural will decide that stepping on rotary knobs and trying to configure sound settings in a floor based unit was a bad decision.

1 Like

I’m of similar opinion… Neural DSP wanted the QC to be small… but they sacrificed some features to reach that goal i.e. no S/PDIF output and footswitches closer together than most other floor units… I was really considering the Axe FX III Mark II w/FC-12… totally fine w/rack gear… but this new tech product just seems to be the right choice for me… if they come out with a rack unit and foot switcher later on I’d go for it.

Just got my Quad Cortex yesterday and this is actually one of the features I really miss over the Helix. On the Helix you can set the volume to the XLR outs to be fixed and with the volume knob adjust the volume fo the jack out to the amp via the return input to only use the power amp stage, but for tha section there is no volume control. So I need to have the volume of the QC independant of the XLR out (which is running to HOH and Inears).

– edit
So indeed adjusting volume to 100 via the knob and using the out volume does work, but basically renders the volume knob useless :stuck_out_tongue: A well, at least the XLR volume is fixed…

1 Like

Adressing the volume. Knob is really essential for my use.
This makes me wait on my order for the QC.
I really need to be able to adjust the volume for my monitor signal without messing up the input gain for the sound guy. (volume knob adressed to the 1/4 inch output with the xlr outut fixed)
This is kinda essential for live gigs i think.
Im still super happy with my Helix, and will upgrade when the QC is just as live gig ready as the Helix😊

They’ve featured the auto engage function for the express pedal - witch is great!
Please make the QC’s volume knob output-adressable!!

1 Like

Sorry for the «fat fingers» typos :laughing: