Vocal Harmonizer with harmony tracking

Unfortunately just following a key, even if you change it with scene when appropriate, doesn’t always make the best harmonies. Been able to follow chord would be such an awesome improvement and so useful. I use my QC in all sorts of situation full band and acoustic and that function would make so much sense to me. When there’s no one to sing BVs with me I wouldn’t have to program a whole setlist but just having the harmony follow the guitar.
The function would also open the QC to a million singer/songwriters that used to use TC Helicon stuff, since TC Helicon seem to have abandoned that side of their business.

Yes, the TC Helicon stuff worked well and could be especially useful for solo acts.

QC is a guitar product, first and foremost and I for one would prefer if NDSP prioritize guitar features over everything else. Please don’t make QC into a unit that tries to do it all - it’s a recipe for mediocrity IMO. Where’s the downvote button?

1 Like

@lex , It was marketed from the beginning as being able to handle multiple instruments simultaneously, that was one of the biggest appeals to many of us. It isn’t just for guitar and NDSP promised content for vocals, etc.

That said they HAVE been prioritizing guitar over everything else. Many of us have been waiting all this time for even just a few offerings for other applications

1 Like

Come on man, don’t be that person. This won’t make the product any worse, and the unit comes with 2 mic inputs so it was definitely in the mind of NDSP to be used for more than just guitar

3 Likes

And now, Girls and boys, what would you say to this new kid on the block

Headrush prime

„ * Umfangreich ausgestattetes Multieffekt-Board mit E-Gitarren + Vocal Effekten„

In english: multieffect with Guitar and vocal effects

My main use for the OC is to have a better TC voicelive with more Inputs and better sound.

I never used harmonizers, but Loop my own harmonies. So a better Looper would be great, and more elaborated presets for vocals.

Olaf

I have a Headrush prime, I got it when it first came out. It is nowhere in near the Quad Cortex.
The QC sounds much better, it sounds like it’s a higher fidelity.
The vocal harmonizer on the Prime is the sorriest POS I ever heard, it has 1 good sound, off!!!
The cloning (amp capture) on the Prime has many problems like very noticeable latency and it forgets your settings if you change patches. Everyone has been waiting for a firmware update to fix all of the problems it has.
There’s a reason it’s much cheaper than the QC. You get what you pay for!!!

if you want a better looper immediately why not connect and iPad or iPhone to the QC and run Loopy Pro or Quantiloop. it is a super powerful setup. You’ll get all the effects of the QC plus loads of looping capabilities way more than the Voicelive.

Hey mick

Thanks for taking me down to earth. So lets pray for the Headrush guys, to create a better tool. As before it seems to be a lot of tweeking for good sound.

And Paolo

Seems crazy to me to use a tablet to pimp my QC. But after some more emportant projrcts I will try it out.

Thanks for that

Olaf

Keep voting for this feature, folks. It can be used both aggressively and subtly for more sources than simply vocals. We need this!

I voted for this feature as a singer/guitar player, and i just bought a Tc-Helicon Voicetone G-XT to meet my workflow needs.
would be very useful to assign a track in a separate menù to each preset. Having backing tracks fixed on a preset makes this unit the most beautiful to use in the world.

But this would be crazy, wouldn’t it? That is to say… are you talking about creating a different preset in the QC for each key and scale?

Thanks