USB audio in, Out through UA Apollo?

Hi all,

This may be a bit of a daft question but is there any way of using USB to send audio to my Mac and then send the output from my Apollo interface to my speakers?

I’ve tried setting this up in system settings with QC as input device and UA as output device but no luck so far. Also had a look at the I/O matrix in Console settings but nothing apparent in there either.

Would make life very easy if I could get this to work, especially now cortex control is up and running.

Thanks
John

have you tried making an aggregate device on the Mac?
That’s what I do, but I also use an external monitor mixer for output sources so I’m not sure if aggregating solves that particular issue. It might

I’ll be perfectly honest, I don’t know what an aggregate device is or how to make one!

Open Audio Midi Setup and create either an aggregate or multi-output device.

Might work, as it should use both interfaces as an output. I use a multi-output to playback sound out of my two displays at once. One is super bassy but a bit muddy, the other is super tinny, so the mix of both is…passable.

You’ll have to play around with it to see what arrangement gets the result you’re after (click the + bottom left to get started).