Two electric guitar and one microphone

Hi! Can I put two electric guitar and one vocal microphone in to QC?

It can handle that, yes- and you’ll still have an input left!

Wow! :sweat_smile: So for example, can I do something like this?

G - guitar 1
G - guitar 2
M - microphone
B - Bas guitar

Input 1 - Guitar
Input 2 - Guitar
Return 1 - Microphone
Return 2 - Bas

You will want to run one of your electric guitars through either input 1 or 2 as they have automatic as well as manual adjustment of the impedance.

You will also want to use either Input 1 or 2 for your microphone as those inputs both have microphone preamps as well as phantom power if you need it. Make sure you swipe down into the I/O menu and select ‘Type’ = “Mic” for the Input you used for the microphone.

It would probably look more like this:
Input 1 - Guitar 1
Input 2- Microphone
Return 1 - Guitar 2
Return 2 - Bass

If you decide you want to take advantage of the automatic/variable impedance for both guitars on Input 1, you could use a splitter before the QC. The Return 1 & 2 inputs on the QC are fixed at 1Mohm impedance.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :grin:

@HonestOpinion’s layout will also give you a better use of DSP (probably)
That will be the main limitation you’ll encounter trying to run 4 instruments- you might eventually hit the limit of fx you can add to each lane if you really max it out.
If you don’t need much for the bass or vocals, you should be ok, but you’ll only get 8 fx blocks per instrument if you use all 4 lanes separately like this. If you want to use Scene Mode to switch sounds during songs, this will present a problem as only one user can trigger the change (unless you add outboard midi control) and changes will affect everyone.

It sounds like a great approach on paper to run 4 signal chains thru the QC, and it can physically be done, but it gets tricky once you get down to actually performing with it that way.

There are other limits you might discover from doing it this way, but those will be the main roadblocks.

1 Like

@Xush makes a good point about how running a row per instrument limits your block choices. Not usually a problem for bass and mic but you may want more processing on tap for the guitars. Another good reason for using a splitter before the QC and being able to dedicate two rows instead of one to the guitars. Using an external splitter will also leave a send and return free on the QC if you want to run an FX loop.

1 Like

ok, thank you very much for the answers, but what I really want is to be able to connect only two guitars at a concert and switch the effects separately in my guitar and my friend’s guitar during one song. Will this be possible with two instruments? No vocals or bass

Yes, but you will be limited to 8 changes per preset, unless you have an external midi controller or XP

Okey :slight_smile: Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like