The original case is... not good

Just wanted to share my experience I have made with the original case by NDSP for the QC.

I own two QCs and so I also bought 2 cases. I use my main case about once a week to carry the QC, the other about once a month at most. Loaded with the power supply and some cables I carry it to my car and then to the practice room. No throwing, just normal and careful use.
Given the price (which you may or may not agree is worth it), I expected a solid build in terms of quality and therefore a long lasting case.

After just a few uses the handle of my first one broke. So it got replaced. This happened again, and again it got replaced. It again happened with my other case just a few weeks back. So 3 times within about two 2 years.
My new replacement (which is my 5th case now in total) just arrived but it is too narrow to fit the QC. I honestly can’t get it in without using force, which I obviously won’t do. So, sending it back once again.

Sorry to hear about the quality of your case(s). Personally, I haven’t had any issues with mine for a year or so but needed something a little bit bigger and sturdier and picked up the Harbor Freight 16" hard case (comes with pick and pack foam) big enough for the QC, PS, cables and accessories/pedals all for around $40 etc.

2 Likes

Had the same issue. The plastic handle split after very careful and minimal use. I still use the case but have to use the strap. I was super disappointed with it as I expected the premium look feel of the QC to apply to what looks to be an official case. It did not imo.

i had the same issue (handle broke off & is unfixable) & my original purchase has been awaiting a replacement for me since may or june of last year… i’m definitely not happy about it.

Very happy with the Thomann soft case.

I got mine as a free offer from Thomann (they had this promo on Ciberweek back in December - buy the QC, get the case free).

Felt nice but I only carried the QC on it to 1 gig so can’t say too much about durability.