Tap Tempo light will turn on when unit is in standby if a connected USB device powers on/off

CorOS Version: 1.2.2

Describe your issue:
Tap Tempo light will turn on when unit is in standby if a connected USB device powers on/off

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Connect a computer via usb
  2. Put the QC in standby
  3. Often (I haven’t completely narrowed down a way to 100% reproduce it, but it happens a LOT), when the computer turns on/comes out of standby/turns off/goes into standby the QC will remain in standby but the tap tempo light will turn on and start flashing.

I expected this to happen:
The tap tempo light always stays off when the QC is in standby.

I can confirm I have the same issue CoreOS 1.2.2.

QC connected to monitor speakers and iMac.
When left in standby the Tempo light will turn on and blink possibly related to my iMac sleeping and waking.

Wonder if this is a MAC issue as I can’t reproduce using a USB connected Windows laptop etc.

On some Laptops (and some desktop pcs as well) the usb ports stay active, e.g. for charging your phone even when the laptop is turned off.
Maybe it is related to that? So only usb ports that cut the power when the pc is shut down cause this issue?

That’s a good point. I configured my USB ports to be always on for charging batteries and cell/tablet etc.

Just verified this. Changed the setting in bios so my usb ports don’t have power when the pc is shut down and the issue occurred. Didn’t have this issue before the change.

I set my USB ports so that they can sleep etc., even after changing that setting and then rebooting my laptop etc., I still can’t replicate that result. Give NDSP support a shout via email.