Switching Nolly Archetype Presets With Helix

So I recently purchased the Nolly Archetype and absolutely love everything about it. I’m using my Helix floor unti as an audio interface and I’d really like to learn how to use the Helix as a midi controller to switch presets in the Archetype plug in. I’ve found articles discussing how to do this with other plug ins but can’t figure out how to do it with Nolly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @KotoaMatsukami. Does it show up as a MIDI device at the audio settings?

Yeah it shows up as a midi device but I can’t figure out how to actually make it work as a midi device.

If the MIDI device is already enabled, you need to right-click on the parameter you want to control, select “Enable MIDI learn”, press the button that will control the parameter twice, and then disable MIDI learn (As shown in this video).

So that process does not seem to work. When I attempt do to as the video describes nothing happens. Either the helix or the plugin doesn’t recognize the midi command. I think something needs to be specifically set up in the helix command center but all the tutorials I’ve seen only cover commands to external amps, pedals, etc. Nothing about plug ins. Thank you very much for the information though!

1 Like