Sudden latency when connected as USB interface

CorOS Version: 1.0.1

Describe your issue:

While playing I started experiencing a long latency all of a sudden, the problem disappeared as I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable.

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Just play for a while.

I expected this to happen:

Not have sudden latency added when I record with the Cortex.

I have tried the following things:

see April 12, 2021 - YouTube

1 Like

I am having this same exact issue with my iMac and the quad cortex. Probably need a firmware update to address USB issues.

I just had this occur and posted. Sorry about that…I didn’t see this message before. Has this been resolved?

This happens to me regularly.

QC over USB into Logic X 2020 MBP. Software monitoring.

Sometimes it takes awhile to occur, other times it happens every few minutes. Extremely annoying. I’m beginning to think it’s an issue with Logic or Catalina. I usually open logic preferences and disable then re-enable the audio engine. Unplugging and plugging the USB fixes it too but only temporarily.

If I monitor the audio straight through my Audient id44 (XLR) I never have any hiccups.

So, something is wonky with the USB, or Logic and Catalina. I can’t narrow it down beyond that. My helix over USB never had problems. I sure hope this gets resolved.

Did anyone discover a solution to this issue?

I have just got a new QC and am having the same long-latency with audio over USB into a Catalina 2018 MacBook Pro with Logic X. I get the same issue when monitoring the audio through another program, so I don’t think it’s an issue with Logic.

A friend owns a 2017/18 MBP with Catalina and has all kinds of latency issues with just about everything via USB including his QC. He thinks his issues are due to Catalina and still investigating.

Anyone ever figure this out? Just got my QC and using it with my M1 MBP in Logic. After a few minutes of playing the latency suddenly goes from virtually imperceptible to like 3 full seconds.

Does anyone have a way around this? At the moment I’m setting myself a count in and turning off my monitors and listening to just the QC in the room, it’s fine for recording a riff quickly but useless for actual tracking.

I would recommend emailing support@neuraldsp.com and see if they can get your specific issues resolved.

Same here, unusable as usb recording device by now, the sound suddenly turns into a digital noise and then came back a few times, hard drop outs and then just quit recording so half tracks are empty… please fix these usb issues!!!

Are you also using a MBP or PC?

Windows 10 with ableton live

Make sure you have the current driver installed, have adequate resources and adjust your sample size using the QC driver control until the noise issues are resolved. Worst case, please email support@neuraldsp.com so that they can log the issues and provide a resolution to your specific issues.

1 Like