Sitar simulator

can QC put sitar simulator for next update?

because only boss gt 1000 and gt 1000 core have sitar simulator.

and i search at cortex app, the sitar sound not good enough :partying_face:.

Follow the following recommendation, it might get you closer than you think to what you need right now. Hope it helps!

1. Choose the right amp model: Start with a clean and bright amp model as a base for your sitar sound.

2. Add a pitch shifter effect: Look for a pitch shifter effect in the Quad Cortex’s effects library. Set the pitch shifter to raise the pitch by the desired interval, like a perfect fourth or fifth, to emulate the drone strings of a sitar.

3. Experiment with pitch modulation: Explore the pitch modulation parameters available in the pitch shifter effect. Slight pitch fluctuations can help add realism and character to the sitar emulation.

EQ settings:

1. Boost Upper Midrange: Increase the frequency bands around 1kHz to 2kHz to enhance the sitar’s characteristic resonance and brightness. Try increasing the gain by a few decibels in this range.

2. Tame the Low End: Reduce the bass frequencies to avoid muddiness and to emulate the focused, bright sound of a sitar. Cutting the frequencies below 100Hz or so can help achieve this.

3. Cut Unwanted Frequencies: Identify any harsh or unwanted frequencies in the midrange, and slightly reduce their gain to smooth out the overall tone.

4. Tweak the Presence: Depending on the amp model and your specific settings, adjusting the presence control can add or reduce the high-frequency presence of the sound. Experiment with it to find the right balance.

Remember that these settings are a starting point, and the ideal EQ settings may vary based on your guitar, amp model, and personal preferences.

1. Add subtle modulation effects: Consider adding some subtle chorus or phaser effects to replicate the sitar’s shimmering sound.

2. Adjust to taste: Tweak the settings and experiment with different combinations until you achieve a sitar-like sound that suits your preferences.

1 Like

Not a pure sitar…but…
Oriental! :smile:
I love experimenting with qc, and this thread was inspiring
The real trick Is the gate

2 Likes
  1. And experiment with the Foog filter, with that you can get the typical “boing” attack, which is actually the main characteristic of a sitar. :slight_smile:
    I do it like this on “Paint It Black”, almost sounds real. Good enough for a live gig anyway.

thx for your help, but if QC have sitar simulator block, its very simple to get the sitar sound :partying_face:

interesting, can you share your setting? thx

ok, i’ll try…thx for the information :pray:t4:,
but sitar simulator block will answer our problem :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: