Show power being supplied/used in the dashboard

As we know the QC AC adapter is 12v 3A and using a cioks DC7 using 4x500mA or a Cioks Crux can provide 2A and will power the QC fine .

Likewise using a big power bank with a usb-C port connected to a mission engineering 529M will also power the QC fine .

I since moved away from the powerbank but still used the 529M with a Anker 65W charger see below.

Allturu this did power the QC and headphone playing was fine I thought this was a great idea to have this on a pedalboard as the size was very slim .

I since having bought a Seymour Duncan powerstage 200 found out that the QC was not pushing enough power to the 3 and 4 outputs and thus the volume coming out of the amp was very minimal probably not even 10 watts at best.

So having gone thru the above example and to avoid others falling into this trap could we have the following added to the QC dashboard I/o .

A:Show the power coming into the QC ie 3A,2A,1A .
B: show the power the QC is consuming assuming the QC is capable of using 3A ie this could be from using outputs 3&4 to a stereo frfr etc and the XLR to a PA etc.
Using just headphones would have less power drawn.

I have no idea if 2A would be enough to push all 4 outputs .

Sorry to say, but… Useless feature request. Just try if 2A is enough for 4 outputs or use a supply that can do 3A. :person_shrugging: Adding something like that (if even possible hardware wise) would IMO be the definition of wasted development time. You are using the QC out of the specificated ratings and ask for the manufacturer to ease the resulting uncertainty / problems. Do you buy tires in the wrong size for your car and ask the manufacturer to add a system that checks if it is safe to drive with those anyway?

2 Likes