Setting details for factory captures

I was hoping neural could publish a settings list for the factory captures if still available. While tweaking and testing by ear is fine it might be more useful especially for things like the poweramp captures. Thanks for considering!

That would be great, Id love to know the D-Cell 6550 power amp settings per capture

1 Like

Yea especially since they donā€™t seem to follow any kind of order either

1 Like

I would throw the unit out of the window or break it with an axe if it was not this expensive. This lack of information regarding the factory captures is THAT frustrating for me :slight_smile: The support is also clueless about it.

Hey NeuralDSP people, just fill-in the information (you are familiar with amps after all, you would understand what is being asked of here) and then upload them to cloud again as if they are new captures. We wonā€™t mind the awkwardness and your acknowledgement of the obvious failure to think of it before releasing the unit in the first place.

I am quite surprised to realize that this is not much of a topic, I cannot believe we are only this few people. who are bothered.

This has been a source of frustration for me, especially for the pedal captures. Not knowing what the dial settings are is a big deal especially if youā€™re trying to port over a manual pedal board to the QC. The lack of descriptions is frustrating.

Agreed! I mostly donā€™t even bother with them. While turning the dial and going through them until you find ā€œthe oneā€ is an option Iā€™d still at least like to know some details of what it is once Iā€™ve selected it. For such a major feature of the unit itā€™s kind of surprising thereā€™s zero details on them. It would have taken someone an extra 30 seconds of time to add basic info to the ones on their cloud account. I wish they had a template that was coded into them like below, even if people could leave it blank.

AMP or Stomp:
Direct or Cab:
Gain:
Volume:
Bass:
Mids:
Treble:
Other Details:

In fact, on Neural Cloud, for the user ā€˜NeuralDSPā€™, they have specified the captureā€™s details !

It seems that every QC stock capture is more detailed on the NeuralDSP cloud account ā€¦
Perhaps they will update the pre-installed captures to add those details in a future firmware update ?

Sadly, the number of captures from NDSP on the cloud donā€™t cover the factory captures at all. There is a few there but none of the pedals or anything I can see have been covered. To me, knowing the settings of the captured pedals is a must. The fact they have this info shows they probably have it for all of them. Maybe the new file manager update will reveal this info?

ā€¦ and now with CorOS 2.0.0, not only they did not add any information as to the settings of captures, they also deleted the captures in NeuralDSP account in Cortex Cloud (now they are included in the factory captures), so for example, the settings information we had for CA Johnā€™s captures are now lost.

I had suggested them to upload factory captures to Cortex Cloud with settings information, as a solution for users who need this. Itā€™s funny that they did the exact opposite. I am really having a hard time to understand the reasoning. A successful upcoming company in competition with the industry giants, apparently founded by very talented and intelligent people but yet incapable of understanding such an elementary request. Best modeller I have ever used. But this really bugs me!

At least acknowledge the logic of the request and apologise for the stupid lack of this elementary feature. The idea of a stakeholder in the amplification realm not being able to acknowledge the inseparability of ā€œguitar amplificationā€ and " amp settings" concepts is really something that could make me deliberately slap someone in the face.

2 Likes

I agree, most definitely bring the settings lists for the captures!

1 Like

At least there should be some kind of logic to the numbering, easiest would be lowest gain was 1 and then increase gain for each number

Was about to post the same question ā€¦ thereā€™s no linear increase of gain or anything among all the variations of a capture for the same amp, for instance.