Sending Midi Clock from QC to delay pedal (strymon timeline)

Trying to find a way to get whatever tempo is running on my quad cortex (whether by preset / scene or tap) to be the same (via midi instruction) for my strymon timeline.

Eg I switch to a preset or scene with 120bpm and it switches my timeline to that tempo.

I don’t know much about midi, but I think all the setting are open on the timeline for such an instruction (by default it is ready to receive midi clock) - question is how to SEND the midi clock from the QC??

3 Likes

Bump?? Anyone out there?

1 Like

Bump?? Still haven’t figured out a way to do this

1 Like

Also interested

1 Like

I agree. Beat clock is your friend. It can help sync all sorts of fun external things. And it would be cool if the QC could follow external beat clock as well.

1 Like

Hey guys. Unfortunately, at the moment, sending MIDI clock through din is not supported, which is why this won’t work. We’ll continue to expand the MIDI features of the QC with upcoming updates.

3 Likes

sorry to say that but thats a shame

3 Likes

Sooner than later would be great as people are using external effects and this is a valuable function…
I am using Strymon and can’t leave them on so have to use send/receive blocks to bypass them as I don’t have sync to tempo or bypass. This is a half way house at the moment and sounds like an easy win for you guys…

1 Like

Yup, this is one of the reasons my QC is sitting on the shelf instead of my pedalboard.

3 Likes

I’m with the same problem, using the Eventide H9 with QC.

The only option I found so far is configuring the H9 to receive tap tempo via CC message and then assigning the same CC command to one of the foot switches of QC. Then it’s possible to remotely tap the tempo on H9 via QC footswitch. It’s not a practical solution though, because you waste one of the ABCDEFGH buttons only for this function and there’s still no tempo sync between both units. If you assign the CC command to footswitch H, you could tap the TAP footswitch and H footswitch simultaneously, but c’mon :see_no_evil: :worried:

1 Like

So you are telling me there is no way to sync QC to other device?

It cannot receive midi clock nor send it?

Come on…

3 Likes

Will the ability to send midi clock and send more than one PC upon scene changes be added with the next update?

This is the biggest bummer of the unit in my opinion.

2 Likes

Hi @Devonje , future firmware update details are provided only via NDSP development updates.
All other requests should be provided via the QC Feature Request category so that others can vote on the priority.