Scroll through Presets by turning the top-right footswitch

would be handy to scroll through presets by turning the top-right footswitch (bank up) when not in editing mode.

Yep. I went to do this intuitively and found it not to be a feature. +1

Came on here to make this request, upvoting.

When I sit to just jam around and hear different presets, I keep finding myself reaching to the top right knob and turning it to hear a different preset.
It only makes sense to utilize the unused knob this way and would make going to another preset way more fun.

1 Like

+1

For the short time I had my QC, I kept reaching for it to advance to the next preset, but it wasn’t working. Kinda a missed opportunity to make it even more intuitive, if you ask me.

1 Like

Excellent idea !

1 Like

I understand that it might be a bit of a challenge when you have your foot over it to go to the next preset, but this can be overcome by using a bit of latency, like having the effect only after a tenth of a second and only if the switch has not been pressed in the meanwhile.
Some Boss units work this way.

Are you aware that the upper right hand knob allows you to scroll through components which is useful when experimenting with like component blocks (e.g. cabs, amps, like FX etc.). It bypasses the need to click on a block, select the 3 dots, change your device and scroll to find the component you are looking for etc. Just select the block ex: cab block and when you rotate the knob, you will scroll through the various cabs etc. Pretty handy feature!

I for one am aware of that and I use it all the time and find it super-handy. That’s why I think it should be available for preset browsing as well.
Since it seems quite obvious the NDSP thought about that, I imagined they didn’t allow that because of the footswitch function (you don’t want to, for instance, change preset twice by mistake while pushing the button), that’s why I suggested a controlled behavior.

1 Like

Just want to revisit this, as I keep wondering why this isn’t a feature; even better if you don’t just scroll the presets but also hear the sound change as the Preset changes, all while you are browsing within the folder. This would be a very easy way to navigate the many many Presets to choose a sound you like; the current config requires you to select each preset which then takes you to the Grid for that preset before you can then hear what the preset sounds like. And to then try the next one you have to go back to browsing the folders again, which is quite a lengthy and counterintuitive process

1 Like

Can they also add the possibility during scrolling that you can skip NOT used preset as well ?

1 Like