Right angle expression cable for both expression inputs?

I have a temple audio board that holds my QC and an expression pedal. There’s very little room to manouver, so I have some monoprice right angle trs connectors that go from EXP1/2 from an M-Audio expression (with toe switch) to the QC’s inputs on the back.

The problem is that no matter how I arrange these cables they end up covering either the MIDI out port or the USB port, both of which I’d like to remain available for use.

a straight connector likely won’t do since I want to leave it all plugged in when I put this in the temple audio gig bag, so it can’t protrude outside the board.

Any recommendations here? I’d even consider making a custom cable to fit this need, provided I could find the right connector.

https://www.redco.com/Squareplug-SPS6S-Short-Body-Straight-TRS-Connector-up-to-6.2mm.html

1 Like

Thanks, that looks like it could work! Curious if I could make a double trs jack cable with this wire? Canare L-4E6S Quad mic Cable | Redco Audio

They can share a ground, right?

You could. But it would be pretty fragile where the cable shielding and casing end.

might be better to go with 2 thinner install type cables.

https://www.redco.com/RapcoHorizon-MIC2-22AWG-Balanced-Install-Cable.html

Boss BCK patch cables.
Come in multiple pack sizes, just cut the cable to length and screw in the connectors.

that could work for wiring the audio connections, but I think @subdigital is needing TRS for the expression pedals.

Went ahead and ordered these connectors and some 22 awg balanced wire. Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll let you know how it turns out!

1 Like

Ahh yea, totally forgot they would need to be TRS.

Okay, project complete! I ordered a pancake TRS connector for the expression pedal side (SPS-550) and the short barrel connector for the QC side.

The short barrel is still a tad too long, and I’m slightly concerned about the bend on the cables here, but I’ll give it some use and see how it goes.

One issue is that they don’t make the short barrel diameter small enough for the cable I got, so I layered up some shrink tubing to give the screws something to grip on.

Thanks for the recommendations! Redco audio is great.

looks pretty good to me. nice job

1 Like