Quad Cortex PSU Amp requirements

Hi,

Here is an example where QC is powered of four outlets on the CIOKS DC7 power supply in a parallel configuration using three #8800 Parallel adapter Flex cables followed by a standard black type 1 Flex cable. When the display is at the brightest setting you see the green 40% load LED indicator being lit. I haven’t measured the actual current draw of the QC but the 40% indicated by the green LED corresponds to a total current of approximately 1,4A at 12V DC drawn from the four DC outlets. You can see how it works in the video below:

https://www.facebook.com/CIOKS/posts/3648007575277777

Best,
Poul Ciok

3 Likes

Poul, is there a way to do this with the Ciokolate?

@CIOKS_power_support, my DC7 gets very hot with QC connected to 4 outlets in parallel, an Eventide H9 on another outlet at 9V and a Lehle dual expression on another outlet at 9V as well. The DC7 gets so hot, that it hurts when touched for a few seconds. Is this to be expected and normal operation?

BTW, the DC7 indicator is lit at 40%. I have my screen and LED brightness very low on the QC.

The H9 is rated at up to 12V and the Lehle up to 15V. Would you suggest to power the units with the highest voltage supported in order to go easier on the current draw? Or does it make no difference in terms of heat generation?