Quad Cortex Multi Output Behaviour

I have the following setup

Grid 1 → Grid 3 = Multi Output
Grid 2 = output 2
Grid 4 = send 1/2

as you see I have output 2 which multi out also uses? Isnt it supposed to be when there is an existing output to output 2 it ignores it? Its sucks because my vocal audio from output 2 has guitar audio in it also because of multi out. I really need multi out because 3/4 goes to amps, output1 should be to monitors, usb 3/4 optional for recording

Quad is a powerhouse it just sucks for my workflow, I cant do everything on 1 patch I have to copy and create new routes for live vs recording.

If anyone has tips would be appreciated. In short i want 1 patch that i can use for recording and live as well for vocal and guitar lines

On Row 2 (input block) do you have “In 2” or “Prev Row”? Should be “In 2” to be completely separated.

1 Like

Yes it is. I have input 2 there as my vocal input but still the issue persist. Multi out still doesnt count it out and it mixes the vocal and guitar on output 1 ( because multi out is output 1/2 included)

I read your post but it leaves a lot open for interpretation. What exactly do you wanna archive?

What are you using this row for right now?

That is for a normal amp. Where the cab is off

You are correct, it shouldn’t matter if you have ‘Multi Out’ selected if ‘In 2’ is not in the signal path leading to it. The output setting, as you would expect, only refers to where the routed signal is output, it is not a ‘Multi “INPUT”’ setting.

I am not seeing the behavior with Row 2’s ouput going to the ‘Multi Output’ in Row 3. I am testing with guitar though and not the microphone input. Not sure if that makes a difference. What happens when you test this with guitar?

Do you have any split/merges set up between rows?

It would be helpful if you uploaded a screenshot or the actual preset so we can look at it.

You might want to try testing with a very simple preset, no split/merge and minimal blocks, and see if you are still getting this behavior. Check first with a guitar and then a microphone to see if the mic is the cause of the issue. I tested by putting some additional blocks on ‘Row 2’ to see if they were audible in the ‘Multi Out’ from Row 3’. They weren’t.

Row 1: Input = ‘In 1’ → Output = ‘Row 3’
Row 2: Input = ‘In 2’ → Output = ‘Out 2’
Row 3: Input = ‘Prev. Row’ → Output = ‘Multi Out’