Quad Cortex Looper

Looper is needed! Please get onto this Neural

2 Likes

The iPhone/iPad app Quantiloop with something like an iRig BlueBoard Bluetooth MIDI switch will do the trick pretty easily and probably has a lot more looping capability than would be in QC, and doesn’t take up any switches. Don’t wait for QC looper to start looping!

1 Like

I use a TC Electronic Jamx2 but would like to free up pedal board space and have it built in the QC.

Given even the HX Stomp has a looper it’s a bit poor the QC doesn’t yet.

1 Like

Could someone please make an official statement about when to expect the looper function?

Is it worth investing in another third-party solution or will we soon get a built-in looper function?

3 Likes

A looper in QC is only part of the problem - you’ll likely also need footswitches to control it. There aren’t that many on QC, so I decided to use an external looper to get the function with the extra switches.

Different looper users have different needs obviously; some people go nuts with half/double tempo, switching between different song parts, etc etc. So I get why some might feel the need for extra switches and then decide that they’re better off with a dedicated pedal.

But I find the claim that “there aren’t that many footswitches” in the QC quite debatable - one should be able to get plenty of looper functionality with 8 switches (not counting the up/down and tempo ones)

1 Like

Sure, 8 switches are plenty for a looper, but not for a looper and stomp/scene changes needed while creating and playing the loops.

Yeah, that’s true, of course, but I’d imagine you’d toggle in and out of a “looper mode” - surely the footswitches are not enough to accommodate all modes at once.
Don’t get me wrong, I do see your point! I just don’t think this should make the looper any less fundamental in the feature list for the QC.

1 Like

Ho Ho Ho…it’s Christmas 2021… have we got loop(R) yet?

I just updated my QC, and I don’t see the LpR in there? Am I missing sometihng (Am I missing something) get it?

I just sold my Fractal Axe Fx III, I certainly love the smaller size device.

As was mentioned above one need for the Looper is to have the loop play one preset (or sound), and play on top of that loop with a different preset or sound.

As (also) mentioned above use of the looper will chew up some foot switches; more or less depending on how it’s set up. I’m sure you have one - but it is worth looking at the Axe Fx. You might offer a few ‘flavors’ or setups of the looper so users can pick the features that they need and not the ones they don’t need. Like some folks will want reverse playing of the loop; but others won’t. Some will want playing at different speeds, some won’t. Overdub is a good feature as well.

Still Waiting Neural…
Still Waiting Neural…
Still Waiting Neural…
Still Waiting Neural…
Still Waiting Neural…
Still Waiting Neural…
Still Waiting Neural…
[STOP LOOP]

2 Likes

Hi,
Did some one use QC to control via MIDI the RC of 500 looper, successfully
Thank you.

2 years later would love an official status update on this! Or anywhere to track news regarding movement. Hate that a podhd500 still has more utility for one-man shows than the QC.

1 Like

Misses the point regarding one-man shows and the looper feature request.

1 Like

Awesome! I look forward to that

Just got my QC and I’m loving it. I had known about some shortcomings like the lack of looper so I ordered a Morningstar MC6 which can send the midi messages to Quantiloop on the iPad. I’m in heaven. This is an incredible looping system. I’d be shocked even if Neural releases a looper that I would like it better than this setup.

Yeah it is finally here, the looper in in the update 1.3, just look at these videos:

1 Like

Great. Respect for the Update. Cool.
Can’t find a funktion to delete a recorded loop?
Anybody has a solution?