Quad Cortex Development Update #45 & Plugin Development Update

There are other, much more important things to fix/add to a QC update than plugins. We bought a pedalboard, not a video game

11 Likes

Hope the next update will be more exciting because just the plugin compatibility for the Q2 is very very thin…

2 Likes

Obviously, NDSP promised PCOM from the start. They really need to get that done, as so many have called them out on it. This needs to happen so they can get on to the ‘extras’ that have been asked for. So I’m glad they are on schedule to complete it, and maybe then, more footswitch/midi functionality :crossed_fingers:

I’m very curious as to how this will actually work in practice, but I think it is going to be better than some may think. Super stoked the SLO is in the line up!

Go NDSP!! Thank you for all you do :hearts:

4 Likes

I’m sorry to repeat myself but I wish that everyone on this forum could find a more positive way to express their QC desires. I admit that I have a different opinion from some because the QC is 98% there for my needs. I find it silly to be angry because the ring modulator model in your GroovyTone 3000 pedal has a tone control and the model in the QC doesn’t. They ignore the fact the the QC has some capabilities that others dont. There isn’t a processor on the market that has every feature and capability of all the others combined. I’ll be glad when plug-in capability is finally implemented, since it’s pretty-much the last of the advertised features and has been too long coming…not that I have a desire for it. At least it will give the “righteously indignant” one less thing to rail on about.

8 Likes

I agree with this 100%.
However for the rest, I think that people are very positive on this forum given the circumstances. What should customers do other than voicing their discontent on every update that (still) doesn’t bring what was promised years ago?

So, putting everything aside, is Cortex Control considered “stable” now? Am I the only one whose Cortex Control crashes at least 5 times per hour? It happens randomly, especially while swapping and managing captures. I didn’t have any of these problems with the beta version…

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 100%

1 Like

I had problems with Control as well, then I discovered that I had actually downloaded the beta version (not sure how). Make sure that you’re using v1.0. I haven’t used it a ton but it’s been stable so far.

Very stable here. No issues at all

1 Like

Just checked and it’s 1.0… I don’t understand, i even resetted the qc and then loaded a backup. Could it be that i have too many captures in my download folder? I have 300 of them, and it crash randomly, but 90% of time after i swap captures. I am on windows 10 by the way

Make sure you have the most current CoreOS and Cortex Control but crashing like that indicates something is not right with your USB connection most likely. I would recommend to remove any other USB devices and or hubs (if you are using them), I haven’t seen many issues with Cortex Control since the 1.0 release came out as it’s been pretty stable for most. If backup and restore doesn’t resolve, recommend to email support@neuraldsp.com and they can get you sorted quickly! Also, I have more captures than most and don;t have any issues. The captures and related data are relatively small in size etc.

Try a differentUSB cable too., make sure you have the latest driver. If you have another PC available, try loading Control and the driver and see if it behaves better.

Well i have to disagree with that, The promise of the very agressive plan to add more effects, amps, IRs etc was one of my personnal selling point and it is far from it in my opinion (talked irl with buddys that think exactly the same) also the synth block and the stability of the cortex control, improvment of midi etc…

I heve teh experience of an early user of an unfinished product (the kemper) so i compare the QC experience to it. The kemper had features not working (perform mode) and no editor.
Even they had way less promises than Neural, they bring the kemper beyond everyones expectations to compare what i feel about Kemper and QC with an analogy, The kemper was like a nice car that was improved with extra quality parts that makes it a great racing car and the QC a great Ferrari with some weak materials that makes it not good as it sould be.

I still think it will change at some point and reached the promises (and go beyond) but the last updates and communication concerns me a little.

4 Likes

On a positive note I am super happy that the Soldano plugin is getting the X updates as having transpose and metronome features is really useful for quiet practicing on my MacBook. Super happy it’s one of the first as it’s the only plugin I own too! Then when PCOM happens I can move all my presets from Soldano onto my QC. :+1::guitar::fire:

I’m wondering how the presets will work, since the X-versions of the plugins are completely separate from the originals we built presets on.

Hopefully the old version presets can just be copied and pasted into the X version, but I haven’t heard for sure. I guess I should go try with Plini X, since it wasn’t really a 1-to-1 clone anyway.

Does Plugin compatability mean that all NDSP plugins will work on the QC? Or are they just doing some at a time?

I understand P.M. Obviously, you are not the only person who is disappointed in the snail’s-pace development of this, otherwise, fine product. I admit that I’m puzzled by how long it’s taking between updates and how NDSP has prioritized improvements. I just appreciate that you’re able to keep some perspective and express your frustrations in a civil tone. Some forum folks have a problem with that. There are people in the 3rd world with real problems and they have nothing to do with getting a good Leslie simulation, if ya know what I’m saying.

3 Likes

Their plan is that ALL plugins will eventually be compatible with the QC. Their official word is that they’ll will become available in batches.

1 Like

I don’t think they ever said that. Or where did you get this information from?

They are migrating all the plugins to the X architecture, which is supposed to be compatible with the QC.

1 Like