Quad Capture for use with a Chapman Stick

I play a chapman stick, which for those not aware, is a 10 or 12 string instrument, with two sets of audio output (melody and bass). If I run my melody side through input 1, and bass through input 2, will it be able to do completely different chains on each side (so one “patch” on one input, and a completely different one on the second? Any limitations with this?

Not necessarily separate presets for each but you can definitely have a separate signal chain for each.

Yes, that’s what I meant to say. Separate signal chains/effects for each input.

I presume with it being variable impedance, it’ll be able to handle both passive and active pickups well?

Variable impedance only makes a difference with passive pickups. Active pickups aren’t particularly affected by input impedance.

and routing separate outputs should be pretty easy too

Within some limits (CPU and other) you can pretty much get 4 distinct inputs, do what ever you want to them and send 4 distinct outputs.

So, for instance you could connect the two signals from the Chapman, separate the bass side into clean low pass to output 1, amp full range bass on output 2, then split the melody side into dry signal on output 3 and wet signal on output 4

I also play the Stick, it will be perfect! Lot’s of power to get great amps, cabs and effects for both sides. I use the Helix now and it’s great. This should take us to the next level.

I would love to see some video of a Chapman stick played through the Quad Cortex! I can’t believe more stickists aren’t onto this! I’ve been holding out, but finally ordered one. Side comment, so sad that we lost Emmett Chapman! He was an awesome human being!

This totally works. I put my guitar through 1 and my Theremin through 2. Different amps/effects for each input. You’ll love it.