Preset switching slow, how to use scenes

But this would require 3 amps (or 2 or 5 or whatever) in the main preset correct?
Kemper you could have
Preset → 5 scenes each with a little more (or less gain on the capture)
I read this as QC requires
Preset → X amount of amps if you want X amount of gain staging?

You can change every parameter of an amp in your scenes, so you could build a preset with an amp and set its gain to 5 in the first scene, to 7 in the second scene, to 10 in the third scene and so on.

If you want to switch between amps completely in scenes you’ll have to add both amps to the preset and bypass amp 2 in the first scene and amp 1 in the second one

2 Likes

good news
Next question, do quad cortex captures behave like kemper or fractal? Kemper didn’t take well to big changes of course fractal doesn’t care
so if I up there gain on the QC does it do ok with it or freak out?

What do you mean by “freak out”? I never used a Kemper, so I don’t know how it behaves there.

I didn’t have any issues yet when changing any parameter in scene mode, so no noticable gap or artifacts.

Freak out isn’t a great word choice on my part
Kemper captures do not react well to big changes

I just found out the amps that come with the qc react to changes ok but the qc captured amps behave similarly to kemper or so it seems

Captures can be modified to taste and its subjective if it improves the capture but you can definitely tweak the captures, some work better than others but just depends on how an amp was captured (e.g. DI, amp/cab, which mics etc.). Best to just try and if tweaking a capture doesn’t get you where you want, you can always add hi/low cuts and EQ to taste and or just try another capture.

How’d you go with this? I’m waiting on a QC and have been using a kemper for years in a live setting.

I’d have my midi foot controller simply swap between the 5 banks per preset in performance mode, with each preset being a song in the setlist. This could have switching between entire amp models and stomps with no delays.

I’m feeling a bit baffled this isn’t an easy solution on the QC, and from what I’m reading, if I wanted a preset (for example let’s call this preset Song A) that is supposed to go from a VOX amp for cleans on bank (or scene) 1, then a diezel high gain amp for rhythm on bank (or scene) 2 then I need to put those respective amps on each other’s chain vice versa and remember to bypass whichever I’m not using for that scene?

Seems very unintuitive coming from other modellers and what you’d think is industry standard for quickly swapping between sounds, and it makes me worry when QC only has limited room for blocks/stomps when on average I’d like to run:
•Gate
•OD
•Modulation
•Amp
•Cab
•EQ
•Second EQ
•FX

That’s already 8 blocks used, and now I have to make room to have multiple amp sims sitting in each other’s scene taking up room? Surely this isn’t the way.

You have presets and scenes to choose from and 4 signal chains for each that can be configured/routed however you wish and hardly limited in that aspect. If you want trails etc., you need to use scenes otherwise maybe just use presets for some stuff and then creates scenes in each preset to do what you need.

Thanks,

Over a week with the QC and I think the intricacies are behind me now, been doing all that you just stated :slight_smile:

1 Like