Preset Date: 01/01/1970

I’m not sure if I’ve configured something wrong, it’s a Quad Cortex or Cortex Control problem. The fact is that all the presets that I have saved for a while (I don’t know if it coincided with the last update) The date of saving the presets appears in Cortex Control as 01/01/1970

That means the time counter value of the files are 0 which translates to 1 January 1970 in the Linux system. The counter is 32 bits so in year 2038 it’s apocalypse… :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: If I thought something like this would happen, but why?
Does it happen to anyone else? (Not the apocalypse thing but the date thing.)

It happened to me last Saturday while making captures. The only difference for me was that i was offline

1 Like

I too have some Captures/Presets with this 1/1/1970 date (mostly downloaded items).

My guess is that the QC doesn’t have a battery to keep its clock up-to-date, so it needs an external source to set its clock correctly (mainly : a WIFI connexion, or a link to Cortex Control that transmit the computer date) and when ther’s no Wifi/CoCo , it defaults to Unix 1/1/1970 date…

Thanks. I am almost 100% sure that I had a connection via both Wi-Fi and the USB cable at the time of saving the preset

I guess we could ask support directly (they don’t respond here)-
has anyone done that yet?

(it does kind of make sorting by date screwy)

No, I haven’t done it yet.

I’ll email them and see if they have any explanation

1 Like

got a response from Support, they confirm the bug. Workaround as follows:

“Here is a workaround to modify the date: re-download the affected Captures with the date 1969 from the Cloud, then create or update the Backup(s). After that, then the date will be set after downloading the Backup(s).”

Perhaps this will work for presets and user names also, they didn’t specify.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’ll try it.