Option to make any Footswitch (or block) in STOMP mode Momentary or Latching

Hope this makes it into the 2.0 firmware. You cannot currently assign the bypass state or any effect or its parameters to a footswitch as momentary. This is another one of the features currently missing on the QC that prevents me from being able to use it on certain songs for performance without adding an external MIDI controller. Another piece of core functionality IMHO that absolutely needs to be on the device.

Hybrid mode would be critical here too, as it would allow you to select a preset/scene and then have the momentary footswitch instantly available as a Stomp switch.

1 Like

I really need them to implement this - it drives me nuts that the Whammy block is currently kind of a half-assed Whammy rather than a proper Whammy (the fact that Neural advertised the QC as having a Digitech Whammy model was one of the key selling point’s for me in the first place). All of the features that can be found across the entire Whammy range should be present (i.e. momentary switching, dive-bomb, detune etc) otherwise it‘a really just a generic pitch-bending effect with a one-octave range & it’s a misrepresentation to use the Whammy name.

It does of course make total sense to allow the assignment of monetary switching across all effects (I’m just pointing out how I would use it to simulate the right hand side of my Whammy DT).

3 Likes

I also hope that this feature will be implemented soon.

Changing the scene using a momentary switch would also make sense in Scene mode.
If you select a scene with the foot switch, you will be switched back to the previous scene after taking your foot off the switch.
So you would be able to change parameters only as long as you have your foot on the switch.

Currently I use an HX Stomp, which selects a scene via midi and sends a scene change again after releasing the switch.

But the 3 buttons of the HX Stomp are limited, as this compensates for other disadvantages of the Quad Cortex.
And I don’t have any more space on the board for another midi controller like the MC6 or MC8.

2 Likes

Just bumping for new users. Thanks.

2 Likes

If they can’t even add a simple volume block, I doubt this will ever be implemented.

1 Like

There is a volume block, it’s the gain block in “Utility”. You can add an expression pedal to the gain parameter, that’s it. Max range to 50% are 0db at full toe down.

1 Like

Do you have a QC? There are many ways to make a volume block.

Bumping for newcomers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This could just as easily be a toggle in SCENE mode too.

Bumping as well. My HX FX does this and its awesome for some FX that you only need for a short time.

2 Likes

Bump! Bumpity bump-bump! Would love to see this happen.

3 Likes

Now I’m using an external Momentary Switch in an Expression pedal in for a Whammy. Please we need this URGENT !!!

We don’t want more switches …

4 Likes

Bump! Bumpity bump-bump!

2 Likes

bump but it´s depressing to watch threads like this be a far off dream when it´s the norm for cheaper products

4 Likes

I prefer to stay optimistic. Without knowing Neural’s development timeline there is no way to know whether this will be “far off” or in the next update. I do agree this is one of those fundamental core features that should come sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Momentary Switch is very URGENT …

3 Likes

This one is pretty high on the list for me. It would also be nice if it was not only for stomps but also for scenes. Two use-cases:

1. I gigged with a rock n roll band as lead guitarist. For this band I’d play long ‘real’ solos, but also little bluesy licks between vocal lines. At this time I was using an HX stomp. For the real solos I’d switch scenes. But, or the short solo’s I a switch on my helix that would temporarily engage the lead scene on press (od, delay, verb and solo boost) so that my lead could be heard. When I let the button go, it reverted to the rhythm scene and I’d go back to rhythm playing.
  2. Momentary noise FX, I also play in a metal core band and we have stops with warble like fx. It is much nicer to time the warble with one press and release, versus having to swithc it on, and off again as these moments are like half a second.

TLDR: please add the ability to assign latching style button operation on stomps and scenes. Thanks!

6 Likes

Hard to believe momentary switching is not available on the QC. This has been an option on every floor unit I’ve ever owned going back decades. In my view this should’ve been available in version 1. What a weird oversight. :frowning:

I need it.

1 Like

I think you have your TLDR wrong. It should be “momentary” instead of “latching”, right?

1 Like

You’re totally right! I don’t see how I can edit my post but I do mean momentary.Thx for pointing that out!

2 Likes