Occasional Audio Glitches as USB Interface

I’m still getting glitches using 1.2 and Android. It seems to work ok with my Windows computer.

1 Like

I’m surprised Android works at all as it has always been poor with USB audio due to OS latency.
I wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s not officially supported but maybe open a ticket to find out?

I’m still experiencing audio glitches using CorOS 1.2.0 on Windows 10 and it happens so often that QC is unusable for me as an audio interface. Meanwhile my cheap Line6 UX1 from a thousand years ago works just fine, so my computer is not the culprit.

Hey @loha @keithseator @Teatime48

Could you please send us a ticket to support@neuraldsp.com including a brief description of the issues you’re experiencing and a summary of your system specs? CorOS 1.2.0 doesn’t include the fix for the USB issues yet, but we’ve been working on it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Since you have Windows, try disabling safe mode on the Quad Cortex USB driver you installed. It will be in your taskbar lower right by default. After disabling safe mode, reboot both QC and PC. If still having issues, tweak your sample size until the USB audio artifacts are gone etc.

Just did what you’ve suggested and it hasn’t fixed the issues for me; the crackles happen at any buffer size with Safe Mode either on or off. It is especially pronounced with e.g. periods of high CPU usage in a DAW, but it does happen at random during relative idle time as well.

Try uninstalling the NDSP driver and install ASIO4ALL, some have had better luck with that generic driver as well.

That’s fair as a stop-gap measure, but obviously the device should have its own working drivers which is the point of this feedback. For example, you can’t have playback from other sources while using a DAW with ASIO4ALL running.

I get it, hopefully NDSP can resolve your issue, I was just giving options for recording. Good luck!

1 Like

Hey everyone. Today, we’ve released CorOS 1.2.1 which includes some USB performance improvements and addresses most of these issues for macOS and some class-compliant devices. We’re also working on improvements for the Windows driver. In the meantime, please feel free to experiment with ASIO4ALL in case you still have performance issues.

If you have any additional details about this, or if you need help, send us an email at support@neuraldsp.com.

Thanks!

3 Likes