Does QС work as a sound card in Linux?

Yep, that damn sound. I haven’t been able to use the QC for recording because of it.

I’m using PopOS! (based on latest Ubuntu LTS), and can only play for a few minutes before that noise starts. Monitoring the sound from the QC directly everything sounds fine, but monitoring from the DAW, and recording tracks, the sound is corrupted exactly as in that clip you posted. Adjusting the audio settings in my DAW will temporarily reset it, and it will sound fine for a few minutes, but then the corruption comes back.

There’s been a long separate thread about this, it’s not unique to Linux: Occasional Audio Glitches as USB Interface - #120 by Waterbound

It seems recent firmware updates fixed it for iOS/macOS, but there are still issues for Windows/Linux. I was able to reproduce the same issue on Windows myself.

Honestly, I’m worried about it… because if they have to make individual platform-specific efforts to address it, then I fear it may be quite a while before it’s addressed on Linux.

If anyone has had this problem with the QC on Linux, and found a reliable way to work around it, or prevent it, I would be eternally grateful to know how you did it.

1 Like