Not trying to throw the cat among the pigeons, but

Yeah, may be but it might have a bit of truth to their criticism… and yeah mostly there are comparative videos which is expected, that´s why it´s called competition and while the qc is definitely recommended and liked even in the most neutral or positive reviews there is always the comments on the pending stuff (archetypes, desktop etc). i just realized you are a mod lol glad to give feedback and even more glad to see it gets listened to. its all in good spirit, just wanting things to be as good as they can so we get the quad cortex we expect and you guys get all our money lol. ill let this rest now, thanks for talking!

2 Likes

LOL, did the name give it away? :joy:
I am a mod and an owner just like you and more importantly, I obviously want all the features promised/delayed etc. This community appreciates feedback and builds on it, that is it’s main purpose. As a highly satisfied owner, I also would love to see more direct and timely details regarding the QC and all of it’s planned features. At the same time, I would equally like to see existing issues be resolved for those impacted. Cheers! :beers:

2 Likes

Clickbait.
Self referenced creators today are not interested to real content…but this kind of videos are only for clicks and then… Money.

From my pov these vids are PURE SHIT, technically speaking.

You don’t have to spend time on these “stronzate” :smiley:

And these kind of creators…are little soul :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Personally I just wish they hadn’t made such a big deal out of plugin compatibility. If they had just said “we’ll look into it” they’d be fine with not having it now. I mean, does any other modeler offer a similar feature? They could spend their resources on IMO much more important things, like expanding the features on the actual device. Desktop editor is something that is expected these days, but Fractal Kemper and maybe even Helix IIRC took years to get an editor as well.

7 Likes

I totally agree, @tomfs and now I’m thinking that maybe I should post a “Is this the end of Helix?” video since I’m selling mine.
Or what about a “BMW is in trouble” video? I have seen many people selling their BMWs recently :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi @Aleksi, well now we can at least hold Neural to the promise😉instead of second guessing and “hoping” for a feature that could later be withdrown. Now that would not be click-bait but buy-bait, pseudo promises etc.

Can patiently wait for it, but I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place without those e.g. Parallax, Tosin Abasi and Plini Archetype Plugins coming. Got some ideas though that I might launch in here to better it, but just maybe. No promises. :crossed_fingers:t2:

To all: Realize that the previously missing updates are no longer missing, it’s just not a FOMO (as some YT’ers suffer from themselves, bless them) SoMe based company policy. And thanx for that. One thing is click-bait, another is to be played for a fool, unconsciously triggered emotionally by someone else’s conflicting itch/pain. It happens to most of us, but wishfully we learn from it afterwards. And most importantly forgive; other’s and ourselves. Peace.

Bless

1 Like

Oh then Tesla must be FAQ’ed :rofl:

All those good intensions falling for some tweets.

Bless

1 Like

You did a splendid top notch mod-job here yesterday @MP_Mod. Well done, real pro :metal:t2:.

Bless

1 Like

I’m a new owner and have never used an NDSP plug-in. Genuinely, do we need plug ins to work? Isn’t the Quad Cortex perfectly capable without? Is it people who have settings and familiarity with the plug-ins who are so keen to have the compatibility?

I am so far delighted with it. Its ease of use, tones, etc. are light years ahead of Kemper/Helix, from my experience. The UI will surely follow but I’m not entirely sure how much difference it will make to most of us.

The Irish fella’s video was just like many of his Chapman-bashing videos. Clickbait, speculating and somewhat tedious.

3 Likes

For me it would be nice, but certainly not a game changer as I don’t currently own any of the plugins.
Would be nice if they gave all QC owners their choice of a free one when it is released though :grin:

I guess its for people who have dialled in their exact tones with the plugin and want to use it live, but I’m also not really sure quite how important that is. You can capture the plugin, or just replicate it on one of the models already in the QC.

You always have to remember though, this is the internet, people love to complain. :smirk:

3 Likes

I sincerely believe that the neural is in trouble! big! I bought this pedal board about 2 years after its release convinced that I was holding a pedal board with most of the problems solved but no! I find myself with an almost unusable little machine due to the extreme latency! for its effects loops that are not unity gain! due to the fact that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REORDER A SETLIST! and because of its part effects practically nothing and shoddy! I hope neural is about to come out with a revolutionary firmware because otherwise I predict an avalanche of QC for sale and a big loss of credibility of the brand! this is my humble opinion! and last 2 cents those YTs are not wrong at all in my opinion they may have been paid by the competitors but they hit the spot! thanks and kisses to all !

4 Likes

Oh hi @DavideAru, more of your hysteria in the forum I see. *sigh*

2 Likes

Buys digital device… complains about latency. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

@DiffractionCircuit keep calm and watch your quad cortex! I don’t think criticizing is wrong!

2 Likes

@tomfs Sure but it depends how much! if QC is the one that has the most I would say we have (I have) a problem!

3 Likes

:thinking:@imalrightjack Hmm, haven’t thought of that we don’t need them plugins? Though I already have an idea that’s quite close. Maybe we don’t? @tomfs Don’t have any of them either, never had, but I love the sound and straight forward usability. Not something I can’t get around with a little more knowledge.

The Irish lad is okay IMHO, he’s just speculating in a short vid. Saw it as one of the first 100 by chance, and it didn’t do me no harm. Seen more of them before this topic, that’s why I saw this coming and came prepared. First they say this, then they kinda sh#te (Irish version) themselves, probably realizing it’s a bone without much meat on, and digress. One use these cinematic effects for a little drama. UUuuuUh dangerous ironic stuff. Not much Metal Balls there, just fun. He’s usually okay too. No harm done.

They usually don’t wanna kick up a fuzz or hurt, just make a living, and simply give their YT “content” creator knowledge-bubble burp 2 cents. It’s self serving. Often see them get depressed, the sorrow behind their eyes, living their dream, finding out how hollow and illusory it becomes after awhile. Wish the best for all.

To all: Think the posts in this thread about sales proves them wrong. Maybe (“objection; speculation your honor”) they even generated more resale, since they were right in there being, back then, a lot of QC’s on sale on Reverb. But they since disappeared very very fast. Actually haven’t seen anything like it.

You bought this box o’ trixies and find out afterwards that it’s bad for you and moan about it? WTF?? Do you buy used cars that way too? Okay, who haven’t tried buying full of GAS and find out you didn’t want/need it anyway − and who’s fault is that? Your lack of research and self control or Neural DSP’s hype? Again, what’s best for you, you need to learn.

No more “Tzoiiing :lotus:GONG :sunrise_over_mountains: :om:OOOOooohhhmmm :infinity: sh#te" from me. :laughing:

Bless

1 Like

Just got to love all the unfulfilled features, delays, and overly defensive attitudes when challenged to actually provide the features paid for. Plug-ins? You all don’t need our stinking plug-ins!

3 Likes

I saw one YouTuber, forgot who, that said “you can’t go wrong with any of the modelers - pretty much just pick one and commit”. I completely agree. They’re all good and offer things for every budget. Pick one and stick with the ecosystem; if it doesn’t work for you, try another. I picked the QC and it works for me. Room for improvement sure but I don’t think the company’s in “trouble”. This isn’t VHS vs Betamax here…

Besides, this is all temporary until everyone ditches modelers and goes back to tube amps anyway. That seems to be the pattern right?!?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Note: I haven’t used my tube amps since getting the QC. Convenience usually wins.

4 Likes

I agree. I would much prefer to see the focus on other areas of development although I understand the urgency to deliver this as it was promised at launch.

Until such time as a modeler can actually run plugins without having to port them from Apple and PC architectures to ARM this may just amount to a diversion of precious development resources. From what I understand, the hardware required to in essence have a VM running on a modeler that could handle a VST (the same one running on your PC) without significant latency and render its graphics/GUI in all their VST glory, is still not available at an acceptable consumer price point yet. Hopefully it will be in a few years such that there is no longer a necessity for porting the plugins.

The other problem with porting of plugins to the modeler is a high likelihood of forcing a paradigm where in order to get certain amps or effects on the QC you are compelled to purchase additional plugins. The plugins sales model actually disincentivizes additions of models that might be part of free firmware updates on other devices. And once you port a plugin to a modeler as individual blocks, minus the GUI advantages of a sophisticated plugin, is there really any substantive difference between the “plugin-on-modeler” blocks, and the “standard” modeler blocks? Other than the fact that you had to pay extra to get them? Perhaps in the studio but maybe not for live performance.

2 Likes

Daiamn @frankvhalen, now you’ve done it! Mentioned the unmentionable :shushing_face:. Went to play with my QC but I discovered it was also online!!! It must have heard me laughing and seen of what, and just gave me that “…’til your death do us part, and guess who’s sleeping on the couch tonight” stale stare.

Should have kept my mouth ‘cause now I’m standing outside the door with my backpack and a few worthless things. The basses weeping behind QC, dare not say what they feel “I want my Dada”. The Guitar (d#mn little traitor) just gives me that vengeful smirk: “You should have bought me those drop D strings for my birthday − “DAD” ”. The only instrument I’ve gotten with me is that (analogue) souvenir mandolin that can’t be tuned.

Apparently when you have a QC you’re heavily p***ywhipped, blind and under its spell. :rofl:

Bless

1 Like