“Not enough CPU to paste device” message

CorOS Version: 1.4.0

Describe your issue:
When I try to paste a copied Digital Delay (ST) it shows a “Not enough CPU to paste device” message on the top right of the screen (adding a new block) or in a existing block options menu.

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Go to “John’s Amp” factory preset
  2. Copy the delay for solos on the 3rd row, a Digital Delay (ST)
  3. Change to another preset and add a new block. The message appears at this point.
  4. Add a new Digital Delay (ST) from scratch and try to paste the copied settings.
  5. The block options menu shows the same message.

I expected this to happen:
expect to be able to paste the copied effect.

I have tried the following things:

• I have tried to copy/paste other less consuming effects (drives, compressors, even mono delays) and worked as expected

Video: - YouTube

Hi @mrblackbird and welcome!
Make sure you are using your DSP efficiently etc., although the QC has a ton of horsepower, you sometimes need to split your signal chain over rows 1/2 and 3/4 etc., depending on the FX being used. If you continue to have issues with DSP usage, please email NDSP directly at support@neurldsp.com and they will get you sorted quickly.

Thanks, @MP_Mod but I don’t get how it works. The CPU monitor shows a 27% usage on the target preset. Is there a different threshold per row or DSP? In that case shouldn’t it be indicated somehow? Cause it’s a little bit confusing. The signal path I used is quit simple (Row 1: pitch - capture - minivoicer - chorus - cab [Split] Row 2: delay 1 - delay 2 [Mixer] Row 1: reverb - Multi Out).

1 Like

Send the output of row 1 to the input of row 3

Lane 1 and 2 use half the processing power of the QC, 3 and 4 use the other half. If you’re only using 1 and 2, you’re limited to half the capacity of the unit. You’ll need to send Lane 1’s output to Lane 3, or Lane 2’s to Lane 4 (then drag some of those fx blocks to the new lane) if you want to really unleash all the potential. There are other ways to configure it (studying some of the factory presets might help see routing options) but the main point is to spread it across both pairs of lanes, not just one. Some blocks use way more CPU/DSP than others, so that’s something to be aware of too.

1 Like