No INPUT signal. Rebooting used to fix this. Not anymore

Hey guys!

My unit has been working flawlessly for almost 2 years until now. I just started a new tour yesterday and in the rehearsals I started getting the issue where I power the unit and no input signal comes through. I just rebooted the unit and that fixed the thing.
The last day of rehearsals I rebooted, it worked, and after 3 songs there was no input again. Rebooted in the middle of the song and I had the artist looking at me weird and all that but I went on playing.

Yesterday was the first gig and at sound check there was again NO INPUT signal. But rebooting it didn’t work. using the original Power supply did nothing (I usually use cioks dc7). I had to reinit the unit to factory, update to 2.1.1 and download my backup. After this it worked.

But, this makes me NOT FEEL CONFIDENT at all with the unit. It has been reliable until now.

I never update to the latest version to avoid these things. Do you think going up to 2.1.1 has solved the issue forever?

I have a B rig which is basically an HX stomp. It sounds a lot worse but it’s also 3 times cheaper. Since this happened I use the HX stomp as the main unit and insert the QC inside the loop of the HX. So I have an empty preset in the HX (that has the QC loop activated) and if the QC failed I just switch to another preset and I’m back in the game. Getting the QC inside the loop has made overall sound a bit less harsh and has less high end which in this case Is not bad, but this is the only way I can be confident that the gig is going ti happen.

I’m thinking of getting a second QC unit or just straight switching to FM9. The Kemper in 4 years never let me down (and I always had 2 units just in case).

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the rant.

1 Like

Unfortunately if you update to the current firmware there’s an issue where the unit won’t boot up beyond a grey screen. Been seeing multiple people on this forum post about it, so idk if I would suggest updating until the following one they’re doing next week.

I carry an HX Stomp with me on tour as a backup since the QC has been buggy. Sounds way better than the HX, but real wild card on whether it’ll work or not.

Sorry to hear about the issues! Have you contacted support?
Support@neuraldsp.com

They should be able to point you in a direction whether or not it needs to be sent in for repair

I already updated and I could actually play the gig yesterday. Had I not updated to the latest firmware I wouldn’t have been able to do it.

Now, I’m very scared and unconfident towards the unit.

Customer support just asked for a report, and to update to the latest firmware.

Nobody has had this issue??

I had the same issue on this weekend. During the sound check, everything still worked without any problems. Half an hour later, the input suddenly fails. The sound only worked again after I restarted the device.

Yikes! Power hiccup or QC problem? Hope it was the power. Either way that sounds like no fun. Has this happened during rehearsals or was this a one-off?

1 Like

That was a one-off. Never happened before… and no, there was no Power hiccup. The Quad Cortex could still be operated normally. There was just no sound coming from the input. I spoke to a friend yesterday who probably has the same problem with his QC. I don’t know what to do now… I just feel really uncomfortable going on stage like this again. For me, it was just a total breakdown during the show. Completely destitute. My QD can now be played completely normally again - without any problems. But I’m afraid that this is going to happen again…

These things are computers. A fluctuation or momentary failure in the power can leave them up and running, but not properly. A small portable UPS might grant some additional measure of confidence.

Could be a hardware or firmware issue too. If it is firmware, I hope it gets more stable with the next release.

I wonder if sending your log to Neural might help pinpoint the issue. I can understand being leery of it until its track record improves. As always, bring a backup. Good luck sorting this out.

1 Like

Guys!

I wen´t through all this nightmare in October, while I was starting a World Tour. The issue never got better, it just got worse so I contacted support and they sent me a new unit within 24hours. They are phenomenal! Don´t waste your time trying to figure this out. Your unit (like mine) is faulty and needs to get repaired or changed by a new one.

It´s not a power issue, it´s not a FW issue, etc… I read a month before mine a guy who had the same issue and solved it the same way. My buddy here who had it, got a new one too. There´s no other way.

I ended buying a second unit just in case. The new unit they sent me is GOLD, but you never know. I have a feeling this might happen again somehow, so a second unit, if you play serious gigs where the guitar player can´t be muted for 2 minutes, is required.

I actually have an HX stomp on my board and an ABY switch to change to it if anything went wrong with the QC. And a spare QC in the rack if it all goes south.

2 Likes

Oh maan😩,happened to me too…reboot unit 3time to get normal again…i hope get solution from qc cust serv😢