No crackling ,no popping and low CPU Usage with Gojira

Just a short Feedback. I really love the Sound of the Neural Plugins but i always had problems with the other Plugins before. In Studio One 5 my CPU Peaks when i loaded a Neural Plugin and crackling and popping noises appear. Now with Gojira it is way better! Low CPU Usage and no crackling. I don´t know what you change but it works very well in my Case. Great Work!

Only the Standalone still loose connection with the Audio Interface.

Dell XPS 13 9380 / Windows 10 / Studio One 5 / UAD Arrow Interface via TB3

1 Like

I agree. Gojira is half the cpu load as Plini. Very nice plugin. I have not experienced any problems with dropped connections.

iMac i7 / 4ghz, 64GB ram, 5K, SSD, SSL 2 +

I believe all the apps will be updated with the new algorithms to lower cpu usage. The gojira has no high or normal oversampling switch either cos they figured it out. Sweeeeet.

Same experience here, the CPU usage is very reasonable, and it all sounds fantastic, perhaps even their best yet. Unfortunately this seems to have come at the cost of considerable latency: 129 samples for amp 2, quite unprecedented for an amp sim VST in my experience. Of course Neural DSP’s plugins are top quality, so we might expect them to use more resources than some others. But Plini was originally a zero-latency plug-in, and so we know Neural are capable of producing zero latency in a top-quality package.

Some people are more sensitive to latency than others; for some this latency will be unnoticeable, for others a deal-breaker, especially if their interface struggles at low buffer settings. For myself, if I buy this plug-in I will likely play through a zero-latency sim and then apply Gojira afterwards at the mixing stage. But I would like to suggest to Neural that they might follow the example of many developers of EQs and compressors and offer a lower-quality zero-latency mode that will automatically render at the highest quality. This would, I think, be doubly important if Neural are planning to apply such latency across their range going forward.

2 Likes