New QC Editor (Beta)

The new QC editor is here!
Neural announcement with link to download the editor. There is also a new CoreOS firmware version. Make sure you get a fresh backup and update your firmware before attempting to use the new editor.

1 Like

Local backups using the editor are now available as well as a tuner. The local backup feature was not something I was really expecting to see. Awesome!

Made a fresh backup before and after the 2.20 CoreOS firmware update. Can’t hurt to have a baseline backup in the event that the beta version of the editor has any issues with preset corruption. Not that I’m expecting any.

5 Likes

Untitled-2
Love that! :smiley: (way smoother in the app than in this gif)

2 Likes

Ability to save complete backups locally with the new editor is great but has anyone discovered a method to save a single preset locally? Maybe I am missing something.

If the ability to download individual presets (and setlists) does not exist in the beta editor version, I hope it makes its way in at some point. This is one of the most common uses of a local backup - swapping versions of individual presets in and out, without having to load a complete system backup. Note: You can load individual presets you have saved up to the cloud as always.

Also, you should be able to change the destination directory for local backups. Currently it looks like you can only save to the default. Being able to manage backup locations will be critical for local file management if we get the ability to save individual presets or setlists locally.

• macOS®
By default, the app files are installed in the following directories:
• Standalone App: Macintosh HD/Applications/Neural DSP/
• Settings Files: /Library/Application Support/Neural DSP/
Cortex Control
• Local Backups: /Library/Application Support/Neural DSP/
Backups
• PDF Manual: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Neural DSP/
Cortex Control
• Windows®
By default, the app files are installed in the following directories:
• Standalone App: C:\Program Files\Neural DSP\Cortex Control
• Settings Files: C:\Users<Your Profile>\AppData\Roaming\Neural DSP
Cortex Control
• Local Backups: C:\Users<Your Profile>\AppData\Neural DSP\Backups
• PDF Manual: C:\Program Files\Neural DSP\Cortex Contro

Fantastic implementation on the Tempo screen (button at the bottom of the editor). Love the way you can set the tempo for each scene from a single screen!

1 Like

when speaking of the Editor in early days, they noted that Local B’ups of individual presets or captures was not planned, only an entire system backup.

Perhaps that’ll change one day, but so far they haven’t seemed to budge on any of their original plans

2 Likes

Yup, I remember that. I made some posts a while back regarding how allowing individual presets to be backed up locally might make enforcement of a “closed” system and protecting intellectual property more difficult. Was hoping they had figured a way around these issues when I saw the release notes included local backups.

Glad to have local whole system backups for emergency recovery when WiFi is not available, warm & fuzzy backup redundancy, or perhaps alternate setlists but mostly would have liked to see the ability to backup individual files locally. The QC’s local backups is a somewhat less than ideal implementation in my eyes, but I can understand it within the context of a closed system. I just don’t like seeing IP rights get in the way of usability.

As I mentioned in my previous post though, at least you can still use the cloud to backup and swap individual presets in and out.

2 Likes

Internet via USB - Quite possibly the most significant feature added via the new beta editor for QC users who have been experiencing internet connectivity issues via Wi-Fi. Also, quite astutely, when open and connected, they coded the editor’s USB connection to take precedence over the QC’s Wi-Fi. So if your computer has internet connectivity, you should be good to go.

From the release notes:
“Quad Cortex will prioritize internet via USB when Cortex Control is open.”

4 Likes

Is your application working? and which system are u using mac or windows?

is ur system windows?

I hope the full release has full screen mode and better UI scaling, can’t imagine reading anything on 15" 4k display.

Also, purple text for modulation pedal names might not be the best choice. With full screen & better UI scaling, maybe it’ll be ok?

Either way, super happy I don’t have to get down on the floor to change settings!

Yes, it is working. Using Windows 11. Are you having issues with the editor? Did you upgrade your firmware first?

yes i have updated the firmware on qc and downloaded the app

What issue are you having? Does the editor just remain on the initial splash screen without connecting. If so, can you still connect to a DAW on your computer?

Update, see you brought up this issue on a couple of threads. Hopefully one of them will get you a resolution.

I cant get past this same issue as previous guy and if it reads qc from usb the application will work and i can use app but my system cant even connect to qc it doesnt show up in audio input and output as an option to select if it shows up i can definitely use it with daw i checked my audio interface and it is showing up in the audio input/output selection in sound settings for mac

Might help if there was a button on Cortex Control’s initial splash screen to report bugs, in addition to the one available once you get into the app :grin:

Let us know what results you get if the opportunity arises to try it with another computer. Wonder what Neural support has to say? If this is a one-off with your particular configuration or an issue with this OS. I imagine if it is your OS version, we will be seeing others post about it shortly.

I think after cor os 2.2.0 my system can’t read it as an audio input output source if it did i guess the app would work. Before the update i could use it as an audio interface and select it as input/output source in sound settings. Though from the updated QC shows usb is connected.

have you rebooted more than once? Sometimes it takes a couple restarts for everything to settle in. Can you check your USB cable?

Worst case, you’ll need to talk to support- it’s possible your USB died. That happened to me a while back. They had to replace it.

If NDSP doesn’t eventually allow individual presets to be saved they will be doing a real disservice to themselves, the QC community and those of us that want to design content for the QC.

I also would like to have the ability to save locally. You can save your individual presets in the cloud.

I realize the guests have arrived and they are still out getting refreshments for the party, but I do think they will implement a method for content designers to sell their wares.