New QC Editor (Beta)

Not being able to save a preset locally is wild. I assumed we would have been able to with the cortex control. With Helix I love that I can connect to the unit and restore saved presets, make backups, etc while not on the internet. Had been very crucial especially when touring and I have to fix something on multiple units for band mates.

Also realistically what are people supposed to do if years from now the Neural site isn’t up anymore and you have no way to restore settings, etc? As someone who has toured for 12+ years, not every pedal or plugin company stays around. It’s something you have to consider even when companies implement Bluetooth control, etc into their units. Will they support the app for it years later or just until they release a new unit and then you just have a brick.

I downloaded the Mac Version (and it immediately crashes after trying to load the presets (at least that is what the process bar is showing). What is the best channel to provide a crash dump. And where can I find that.

Looking forward to trying this, but right now it is not working…

Process: Cortex Control [3098]
Path: /Applications/Neural DSP/Cortex Control.app/Contents/MacOS/Cortex Control
Identifier: com.NeuralDSP.CortexControl
Version: 0.6.0.22 (0.6.0.22)
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)

1 Like

did you upgrade the QC to 2.2.0 first?
are you connecting thru a USB hub?

@xush
Yes updated to 2.2.0.
Direct connection to the Mac Studio. Nothing in between.
How can I report this better to you NDSP?

you can submit it to Support@neuraldsp.com

2 Likes

I agree but that has been NDSP’s stance all along to only support full backups. Now full backups are via cloud and or locally so you are set both ways.

1 Like

Well, they will tell you you can sell your captures and presets by sharing them with users on the Cloud app. Yeah, that’s true but that is a very unuserfriendly (lol, is that a word?) process. And not something I’m interested in. You can buy Kemper Packs, Fractal Presets, Tonex, Helix and on and on. But no QC. But hey, they’ll protect their intellectual content. Albeit as they sacrifice a marketplace of content that will grow the platform. The phrase penny-wise, pound foolish is applicable here.

@xush Unfortunately this seems to be a flaky bug. I did not save the core dump yesterday and now it just works. So next time I know to save it right away. Thanks

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think they will come up with a better method for content providers than what is currently available. They want those guys’ support. Right now, it is kludgey.

Too bad it is taking so long as it has affected some of the reviews that might have been more favorable. Pissed-off content providers can get very vocal. Some users are fairly clamorous about that lack as well. Doesn’t really impact me generally as I prefer designing my own presets, although high quality captures can be worthwhile, so I understand the demand.

2 Likes

I was hopeful of a community growing up around the QC, and I think to some extent we got that at the beginning. Users share presets and captures and as they learn the quality improves. Some vendors joined the community by providing ‘free samples’ as it were, and that helped foster community spirit. I think there’s still a pretty thriving group of users uploading and sharing plenty of content, as the figures show when you look at the Cloud. There are also several vendors working within the present limitations and doing VERY good work.

Other vendors didn’t embrace the community at that inception phase, and I think long-term that will be to their detriment. When a marketplace is finally unveiled, they may find the community has already found new vendors who were working with what the QC had to offer from the start. I’m more likely to give my money to those who stuck it out and worked with the plan instead of just waiting till they could immediately monetize.

2 Likes

Is it just me or is there no way to minimize the editor using Windows?

Would be a nice added feature as most windows apps can do this.