MIDI CC messages to FootSwitches are unhelpful

So, when I refer to the MIDI CC list here. CC#35-#42 are reserved for footswitches in all modes. This is great but, the message value mentioned (0-127) doesn’t work. By this I mean the following: I understood this to mean that message 0 will set the switch to ON and message 1 will set the switch to OFF. This will make it consistent (and independent of the state of the switch) any time a message is sent to QC. What actually happens is that on receiving a message of any value, the switch simply changes state. This implies that the MIDI message is not consistent and is conditioned on what the state of the QC is at the moment the message is received. This makes the switches useless unless the device is always constrained to be in one particular state.

That is strange I do use that function and it works exactly as it says 0 off and 127 on.
But only if the foot switch is set to stomp mode. If you are trying to use it with scenes it doesn’t work because scenes don’t really turn off, they just change from one to another.

are you sure? it was always as ragav describe it

I’m using hybrid mode, but using CC signals for the stomp switches, if this makes it any better.