Low Latency Mode (and power mode?) for QC

I only checked quickly that is better to have parallel lanes than serial and don’t keep there unused block that are latency sensitive. I always was under 7ms on typical use (bass).

I don’t know if this has been said…

I find an illusion of latency is created if the pre delay on reverb is too long. Really weird. Shortening that gets rid of it.

Ok, so a while ago I sold my QC because of the issue discussed in this thread. I still keep an eye on updates out of curiosity and I just saw that the new update claims to have improved latency performance. Can anyone comment on this? Some measurements (compared to the previous version?) would’ve been awesome!

This thread had some comprehensive testing, with the post I linked using updated numbers from 2.1.0.

1 Like

Awesome! Looks like it’s going in the right direction. Not a significant enough improvement for me to consider getting the QC again, but maybe in the future. I still think a dedicated low latency mode would be awesome (if it is possible of course).

Make sure youre not hitting the output limiter. Makes things feel very weird/off.

My personal rig is a pedalboard with analog pedals and some tube amps. I’ve played through the UA FX amp pedals, line 6 stuff and others. I love the tones I’m getting. But I wanted something flexible and light that I can take with me while traveling and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. And so I got a QC a few days ago after seeing a ton of videos of how good it sounds but after downloading a few famous presets and making my own I noticed the notorious latency and ended up on here. it’s really off putting considering the price of this unit and the fact that other multi effect procs don’t deal with this issue at this scale. Even though the unit is on the latest firmware, there is still a lot of latency when using a preset with multiple rows and it’s particularly noticeable when playing clean with delays and reverbs. And FX loops…not even getting into that. I’m debating if I should return the QC or wait for improvements. Neural if you’re reading this, please try to fix it as for a lot of guitar players like me, the feel of the tone is often more important than the tone itself. Adding a low latency mode like MortenRL said would be great. I know there’s no perfect pedal out there so I’m good with compromises. “Whatever it takes”!