IR wave file format?

I have looked everywhere for what format does the Quad Cortex use so I can load some of my York IRs. York has the choice of 44.1k for kemper, 48k for Fractal and Line6 etc. and 96k for Strymon. Which one am I supposed to use??? There is no information anywhere? Thank you for any and all help.

1 Like

I have used 44.1k kemper ir seemed ok

1 Like

I tried the 96k and it seems to be working fine. I am just curious as to which is best suited for the QC.

I have been using 48k ML, York and OwnHammer, no issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks y’all. Sounds like it can do any format it wants. Does anyone know which format has the highest fidelity?

It probably resamples but I believe the native bitrate is 48KHz

2 Likes

Bump - Looks like we never got a proper answer for what IR format is ideal for the QC. Can’t find anything on it, even in the latest documentation. Anyone?

The internal rate is 48k so that’s what I would go with.

Thanks, that is almost certainly correct and has been already stated in this topic. I was hoping to see an “official” recommendation from Neural. Maybe @MP_Mod can get an answer for us. Makes me wonder if maybe the ideal resolution/length and sample rate specs might be in flux right now as the firmware continues to evolve. From other comments here though it would seem that the QC is fairly accommodating as to what formats it will accept. Even if anything greater than a 48khz sample rate at 1024 resolution is essentially converted and the additional data ignored. This spec is something I would have expected to see in the documentation.

yeah, I’d like to see some official info too. I think it only references ‘compatible formats’ in the manual, but doesn’t go into detail as to what those are. For now, I think it’s a matter of 'upload it and see what happens."