Internal Power Supply

Internal Power Supply. I have used the Helix and other setups and they all have an internal power supply so you just have to plug in a standard IEC cable. Having an external power supply is harder to plug in on busy stage power strips and the thin cable seems flimsy and inconsistent with the quality of the Quad Cortex. I know it saves some size and weight to make the power supply external, but since you always need to carry them both, its kinda a wash.
Other than this - I gig with the QC all over the US and Europe and I love it!

Internal power supply vs wall wort. They both have their pro’s and cons. All in all, I’d prefer an internal supply, too. Not something that could (easily) be changed after the fact. Maybe on the Octa Cortex. :grin:

Not going to happen on the Quad Cortex as it is. The hardware is set.

* If * NDSP ever introduce a new hardware unit in the future, I would personally like to see them include an internal power supply.

1 Like

They could make a decent external power supply if they took the customer feedback into consideration, mine lives in my home studio but if I was going to be doing anything remotely close to playing gigs I probably wouldn’t have bought the unit, I like sturdy well built units that are durable and dependable

One option could be if they had a power supply like used on the Strymon Ojai pedal power unit. Small cable from unit to power supply. Then a cable out of the supply to a regular wall prong. Both cables are detachable.

A modern switching power supply doesn’t need to be heavy or bulky to be good. I think the whole grounding issue is a moot point. I don’t believe I’ve seen a single post about one failing. Other than the inconvenience argument about external supplies, what about the existing power supply/wall wart is bad?

Feature requests are not for requesting the QC hardware platform to be modified etc., the requests are for supporting new software features to the existing platform.

2 Likes