Hotone soul press 2 issues

So I’ve got the soul press 2 and seem to be struggling with setting up the toe switch.
I got it to do exactly what I wanted it to do which was control wah and vol independently by pressing the toe switch to go between the two.
I swapped presets and came back and now it’s not working.
Not only that but it does not seem to recognise the switch properly now. The only way I can get the toe switch to work is by setting latch emulation on but then I have to press the switch twice for it to activate and twice again to deactivate. Also it won’t switch between vol and wah any more even with invert range set on one it just doesn’t swap or activate the other block at all.
I have the effect on exp 1 and the bypass on exp 2 (which I am running via TRS from the output on the soul press) the QC does still recognise the toe switch clearly as it works if I press it twice but cannot seem to get around this and don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

have you updated to the most recent CorOS? There was an issue pertaining to switch bypasses in the previous version that they had to fix

Yeah I’m on 2.2.2. Only had the QC a couple of weeks and updated it as soon as I got it. :confused:
Odd that one minute it was working and now it’s just not having it.
Really frustrating.

Here’s some discussion about that particular pedal:

I’ve never managed to make Soul Press 1/2 to work the way I want it to work. For QC you need a pedal with 2 EXP outputs in order to work correctly, where one of them is responsible for switching, and other for EXP pedal movement.
I’ve ordered Kartakou EXP-01 - works like a charm. I’d say that the only problem is when you want to have both wah and pitch shift in one preset. Then you have to look for weird workarounds.

Thank you. Yes I’d seen this which is what made me think it was possible so I’m not sure what they did to get the exp pedal to do work 2 different FX independently

Yes that’s what I’m thinking is the case. I wish I’d dig a bit more as to the outputs before getting this pedal now as I have a couple of presets where ideally I’d want wah and vol to be eco controllable independently of each other. I’ll have to a work around instead then which sort of defeated the object of getting that pedal :joy:

Seems like I’ve seen trouble reported with both the Hotone and the Lehle pedals when testing to get the switch working.

You calibrated your pedal to the QC?

You can definitely achieve the functionality you’re looking for with other dual pedals (i use the Mission SP1) but it seems problematic for some brands

Yes calibrated (more than once). Just seems very temperamental on what the QC is doing in terms of acknowledging the toe switch and then not and sometimes having to click it twice before it actually turns it on/off. I imagine the Mission pedal is far more reliable but was twice the price. Oh well.