Does anybody else suffer high CPU usage with Archetype Cory? I can run the standalone version with no issues, topping out at ~4% CPU usage. But If I’m in my DAW running it as a plugin, I’m maxed at 100% with no usable sounds.
I found that most of the overhead is in the Cab sims. If I disable the cabs, CPU drops to 30% and I can work with it (I have to run another 3rd party IR plugin to get usable sounds, but at least I’m not hitting the CPU limit).
It seems that all of my Neural DSP plugins are CPU heavy, but Cory is the only one that is rendered inoperable, regardless of the buffer size I use.
I’m running Studio One on a Windows machine with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 and 32G Ram.
Let me know if this is common for Cory, or if I need to dig deeper into operating system optimization.