Hear processed signal in Cortex Control

For various reasons, I don’t want to use my QC as a dedicated audio interface. Which means that as it stands now, I have to either plug my headphones directly into the unit (losing possibility for playing along with a backing track) or add it as an input in a DAW. It would be great to skip the DAW entirely and have the ability to hear the processed signal in Cortex Control itself.

Original post: It would be great to have monitoring functionality in Cortex Control, instead of having to play through a DAW. Like the plugins

You don’t need to play through a DAW to hear the Quad Cortex. Cortex Control is a standalone application that lets you remote control your QC via USB. Are you referring to something else?

Is there a way to hear the Quad Cortex without connecting headphones or speakers directly to the unit? I use a separate audio interface since I have a setup for gaming and work etc, and don’t want to use my Quad Cortex as my audio interface

The only way to hear the processed tones from the QC is via headphones, monitor and or USB audio. By using another audio interface, you are adding latency, need to worry about proper gain staging and removing the ability to use the QC for USB audio routing. Your request is more for a standalone application that acts like a plugin which there are already some existing requests for that purpose.

No, it’s doesn’t have a built in power amp or speaker(s).

You can run your QC into your interface and that way listen to the QC through your interface. Just like any other pedal.

Guitar → QC input 1 → output 1 → input 1 of your interface for mono
or
Guitar → QC input 1 → output 1&2 → input 1&2 of your interface for stereo

I think what is requested is more like Cortex Control itself acting like a lightweight DAW by outputting the USB signals that the QC provides to eliminate the need to use a DAW to monitor / hear the processed signal. I actually like this idea a lot but reached my votes limit.

3 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Monitoring was maybe a poor choice of words :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That makes more sense. I like this idea as well but am also out of votes. There are definitely some creative minds here.

3 Likes