Headphone level and how the HP Out (I/O panel) settings work... Seems backwards.

CorOS Version: 2.3.1

Describe your issue:
When looking at the headphone out level in the I/O panel, I noticed the headphone level going in the red, but the multi out level was not (I have my levels set to be near -10 db on the output level meter). Headphone level was going to like -5, -4 db on the headphone level meter.

Oddly, adjusting the HP level doesn’t lower the Level. It lowers the volume the bars still went into the red. No change. There was still a roughly 6db different between the headphone level bars and multi-out level bars.

Then noticed (and don’t know if by default … can’t remember if I adjusted)… the Multi Out knob was at +6 db. Turning that down reduced the headphone level bars, but kept the Multi Out level bars the same. Don’t know if this is a bug or working as intended and I’m not understanding it correctly.

Steps to reproduce your issue:

1. Plug in headphones
  2. Open I/O drop down panel
  3. Note behavior of the “LEVEL” and “MULTI OUT” meter bars when adjusting “HP LEVEL” and “MULTI OUT” virtual knobs. Behavior seems backwards.

I expected this to happen:
Expect the headphone level meter to reduce when lower the “HP LEVEL”.

I have tried the following things:
I have my headphone output settings set to:
HP LEVEL: -6.0 db
MULTI OUT: -2.5 db.

Seems to work well with the 80 ohm DT770. Although still feels like the headphones get a hotter signal than the studio monitors (which I have as mono out from OUT 3).