General Gushing about the tone

I’m relatively new here and have been really enjoying the QC. Like many, I have literally had ALL of the modelers/FX units and this one is by far my favorite. To me, the interface and the tones are 2nd to none.
I was just testing my wireless to make sure I wasn’t getting RF interference with my power supply so I decided to use the headphone out to get a real up close examination of external noise. Not only does my wireless play nicely with my new power supply, but this thing sounds AMAZING with headphones.
Stock models, stock cabs… I’m shook at how lush everything is. From the AC15 to the EVH III to the Kraken, nothing but responsive, fantastic sounds.
I’m looking forward to this platform getting even more robust.

11 Likes

This is the power supply in question. It’s from Sweet Foot Pedals.
Optional Power Supply

1 Like

hmmm… If I could offer one word of warning, those SF power-supplies are the ONLY piece of gear related to the QC I’ve had trouble with so far(I’ve seen lots of other similar stories). I had 2 in a row that were problematic.
Just keep a close eye/nose on that thing- if you have any weird issues like low audio output or overall unpredictability, anything suspicious at all, swap it out for your factory supply ASAP.

1 Like

I appreciate the heads up! I’ll pay close attention.

1 Like

If you open one of the SF power supplies, you will see it looks like a 5 year-old built it in art class. I’m tempted to copy mine and build it properly.

1 Like

I’ve had my sweet foot power supply for almost a year now. It’s been rock solid for me. Mine only powers the QC. I didn’t get any of the extra outputs or options. Zero noise, zero problems so far. That’s been my experience.

2 Likes

I was very dubious about them when I saw them pop up. My suspicions and dubiousness have been confirmed.

Same. All good so far. Someone recommended it on Gear Page or I never would have heard of them.
Negative experiences are always louder than positive so YMMV.

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying . I find the factory Vox Marshall & Fender captures excessively bright. I tried to track direct last night, w my absolutely killer 69 strat into my Neve 1073 w a JDI, & it was like ice pick OUCH in the headphones. I have a real Deluxe made in 1965, & a 2007 AC15 that Tony Bruno designed for Vox, & those amps- are warm, & “fatter than the butcher’s dog” I’ll have to capture those amps w my M160. The captures of my pedals is missing some mojo, & adding a woofy low mid bump. I am a person who spares no expense when it comes to my sound. I rarely post publicly, but here I am, joining the club, lol. I’ve had my QC for 2 years…The QC is great for live through my amps w Cherry-picked pedals. The Leslie on the QC is very good. The Line 6 Leslie is useless…

3 Likes

I do wish there was more information on the captures. My initial post was on using the models which I think are fantastic.

Glad you’re enjoying your QC, J.M. I’m really enjoying mine as well. Like any guitar processor, it has some irritating quirks and limitations but (for me), creating great sounding presets is not one of the. It’s a great sounding box and so easy to navigate. Concerning Whitestrat’s comment about some models being overly bright, I’ve had great success using parameters in the cab block to adjust the overall tonal balance of each preset.

1 Like

Ahh, I see. I should check out the model. Thanks for retype good idea! Are these private, or are they posting publicly on the Neural board? Sent from my iPhone

1 Like

I have the very first Sweetfoot power supply John made for the QC. It’s still working perfectly.

2 Likes

When you reply to the email, it makes a post reply on the forum.

Also, crank the Master Volume on Brits and Soldanos and they really warm up.