FX Loop Device: Enable USB Ports as send/return choices

It would be excellent to enable using USB ports in an FX Loop device.

Example of loop device configuration:
FX Loop USB 1/2
FX Loop USB 3/4
Send USB 1/2
Return USB 1/2

This would enable putting an external, computer or mobile device in a chain so we could use any external effects.

Yes, there are latency considerations and concerns. DAWs support “external device” (Ableton and Cakewalk, Studio One all have this). They have a “measure latency” process and then offset all other latency to accommodate. That would be challenging to support in the QC. but you could have a “test latency” button and provide information about the results, allowing the user to decide.

But for an, iPad for example, sub 10msec latency is reasonable to use a effects app (e.g. another guitar app). For Windows and Mac, plug-in hosts would work great.

Yes, this can be done if the computer is the master and QC is “the loop” - but this doesn’t let me put a VST/Au between devices on the QC grid.

I had no idea you couldn’t choose USB out on fx send block. This would be an amazing and simple feature upgrade

1 Like

There are great reverbs, delays, and synth effects on the iPad. If the QC made USB routing an added option in FX io it would open many great opportunities.
I think that might set the QC apart in that way.
Seems an easy way to add some competitive edge at a time when price increases make features extra important.

1 Like

This would be a HUGE improvement IMO. I asked for the same from the Line 6 Helix team for years, to no avail. I wonder whether perhaps there is a limitation in the hardware architecture that makes this impossible? It would be nice to know either way.

In addition to making USB I/O available in Send/Return/Loop blocks, I would love to see them as I/O options in the Looper X Routing Mode settings.

Failing all of the above, more variations of combined Output settings would help. For instance, right now, the only USB output that’s combined with analog output for monitoring is USB 3/4 (via “Multi Output”). Other variations including analog outs plus USB 5/6, etc. would be extremely helpful in creating presets without tying up extra lanes.

3 Likes

+1 on making USB I/O available in FX loop block!!~

1 Like
  • make this available to capture
1 Like

Could you add “Add outputs 3/4 to send devices” as well?

Literally just programming mine and realised I can’t actually do my plan and keep the loops for effects, then use 3/4 for amp send while keeping 1/2 for FOH feed (unless I use the end of the rows, which won’t work for the layout I need).

1 Like

USB I/O in Looper’s rooting mode is a must have!
Please Neural, consider this option.

I’m also a keyboard player, and I use my QC for my keyboards sometimes.
I’d love to use a Looper on my keyboards sounds, coming from external DAW’s (Mainstage / Logic / Ableton Live)

If you added this option to the QC, you’d have a potential customer base made of keyboard players…