Expression heel switch

I would like to be able to trigger on/off blocks on the heel position just like it is possible to do on the toe position.

@JoeBent What do you mean exactly?

The slight annoyance that I’m facing is when I set effects to be triggered both via the foot switches, and an expression pedal → the expression pedal seems to bypass the foot switch.

Example:
I using an expression pedal as a Wah pedal, but I’m also triggering on a compressor and a delay.
The problem is those effects can’t be turned on separately from the expression pedal.
i.e. if the pedal is on the heel position, those effects can be turned on.

You can already do this. For switching on at the heel position. Go to the context menu(three dots) for the block you are triggering. Click/turn on the ‘Assign’ button for '‘Bypass’ . For toe-on position click the ‘Invert Range’ switch to “On”. Leave the ‘SWITCH ON’ parameter at “Heel-Toe” for both toe-on or heel-on (per the QC owner’s manual).

Sorry if I’m unclear, but hat’s not what I meant…

I don’t have a problem switching effects with the expression pedal (both the heel and toe positions work perfectly).
The problem is you can’t use the foot switches on the QC itself to turn off or on the effects, if the expression pedal is already assigned to the same effects.

On the contrary, you can use the knobs and/or the expression pedal to adjust parameters (like EQ, volume, etc) → the QC “listens” only to changes in knob or pedal controls, and doesn’t default to either one.

This topic is an old feature request from March. From the brief description, it looks like the OP @JoeBent was just asking about being able to operate the auto-engage function on the heel position. Perhaps he meant something else. You may want to start your own feature request to clarify your request.

Currently you can assign the expression pedal to both auto-engage by moving off the heel or toe (‘INVERT RANGE’ switch) position, and you can also assign a footswtich on the QC to bypass/engage the same block.

So for example, you can currently assign the wah to both auto-engage on heel-down, and also turn on/off with footswitch ‘A’ on the QC. The behavior is such however that if you have the pedal in the heel-down position and press footswitch ‘A’ to engage it, it engages for a brief moment, sees that the pedal is heel-down, and immediately turns off. As long as the pedal is not in the heel-down position, using the footswitch to turn the block on/off works perfectly. In other words, both methods of bypass assignment can be used in the same preset (footswitch or auto-engage via pedal position), but the expression pedal position auto-engage is the override and always the final word on whether the block should be bypassed or engaged.

Is this what you are trying to change? To have the footswitch override the position of the pedal, whether or not it is set to auto-engage at heel-down or toe-up.

The behavior is such however that if you have the pedal in the heel-down position and press footswitch ‘A’ to engage it, it engages for a brief moment, sees that the pedal is heel-down, and immediately turns off.

Yes, this is exactly it… perhaps as per your example it does not make much sense operating the wah with both sets of controls; but, engaging other pedals like reverb/comp./delay with the wah (for example when soloing) is very helpful, but renders the foot switches for those effects useless.

a. Perhaps, like you suggested, I should start your my own feature request.
b. Maybe assigning the “pedal” to trigger a scene, instead of a bunch of pedals, will give me a swift resolution (although not optimal). I will try this over the weekend.

Thanks for your prompt response @HonestOpinion

1 Like