Envelope Followers

Hi, I’m a Noobie on QC -
to be fed up with my Axefx3…

Does the QC have Envelope Followers?
Also, more then one if I want (each for both Inputs)?

Thanks!

What are you trying to do with an envelope follower?

The short answer is no… But there are a few requests for LFO / envelope / gate / etc., functions which could be assigned to parameters in the QC’s blocks.

1 Like

Forgive me to ask so straight out, I’m still on the process of reading the manual…

The Axefx as a concept, uses one Envelope Follower which ‘reads’ the loudness of tbe Input signal,
so you’re able to link up/apply most of all parameters of the modules you use within the scene.
For instance,
a WAH can be recreated by applying the Envelope Follower to a setting within a filter module.

Oh, I see… so sadly, the QC by that point of state of development isn’t for me =(

PITCH FOLLOWER, Envelope follower, GATES, Envelopes, LFOs, Stepsequencer, other Modulators - - -
I’d would expect that from a sound designers perspective, hm…
Fractal Audio has it.

Question: Is this non-existent because of the QC’s infancy, because of lack of development OR because QC just isn’t the go-to unit for experimentalists?
Thanks

Neural haven’t really addressed this at all. Promised features like plug-in compatibility are HIGH priority right now. But many of us (myself included) would love to have these parameter-assignable functions.

1 Like

I just realized that the QC has an effect called EnvelopeFilter, which has an envelope follower integrated into the effect, obviously…
I really need such an effect.
Maybe you can help me out again?

My question:
If I create a preset for two guitars to be used same-time,
So, having Input 1 and Input 2 linked up to Output 1 and 2…
will I be able to use the EnvelopeFilter-Effect two times,
one in the input 1-chain, a second time on the input 2 chain?

My request may sound weird at first but I play ChapmanStick, my instrument features 2 Outputs, so…

1 Like

Yes, you can add multiples of the same block to the grid. Two EnvelopeFilter effects–one added for each input–should be fine.

The EnvelopeFilter effect is, of course, only controlling a filter effect. Envelope followers are useful for so much more.

1 Like

We use Chapman Stick with the QC in my band too.
I don’t think we’re using the Filter fx presently, but you definitely could use any of the 3 styles onboard or stack multiples in a row or across all the rows.

Hopefully we’ll get more LFO- type control of parameters eventually. For now you can create interesting multi-fx by combing delays and filters to get movement and textures even though we don’t have automatic controls yet.

They haven’t really talked about it officially but it seems like NDSP is focusing on finishing up the basics before offering more esoteric effects. You can do a lot with what’s already on there but we’re definitely hoping for some more specialized/fringe-use effects