DigiTec Freqout Pedal and QC Send /Return

Hi. I use a Freqout pedal. When I use it outside of the QC, so Guitar in to Freqout, from Freqout to QC Input, the pedal works beautifully.
However, to give more control I wanted to leave the pedal on permanently, use a Send and Return loop to the pedal, and select it as “active” in Scenes.
I have placed the “Send Return” Loop as the first block in the signal chain and have no sound gate block, but when I select the scene there is a change on the tone, but it is nowhere near the feedback sound that I get when the pedal is placed before the QC. I have played around with the “Send /Return” block levels but this does not get the desired result.
Anyone had similar issues and managed to resolve them (and If so, how?), or, what am I missing or forgetting to do??
Many thanks.

1 Like

RESOLVED….
I had the Send Return Block set as Send rather than as an FX Loop. Now changed and the Freqout sings in the loop. Awesome bit of kit.
Have it set on permanently - Gain and onset both at around 3 o’clock - Momentary Off - Dry Off - FX Loop just dropped the Send levels so that scene without Freqout and scene with Freqout are the same volume. Mix 100% - Sweet.

(Just have to remember to lift up the pedalboard and press the pedal before I start playing.)
(Using a Temple Board Solo 18.Also intend to mount Line 6 Relay 30 underneath the board - will lift to charge the transmitter etc - so that just QC and Lehle Dual Expression up top. Will post some photos when done)

2 Likes