Cortex Control offline mode (without Quadcortex)

I think that being able to work with Cortex Control offline can be very useful.

I mean without having the quad cortex plugged in.

That is basically having the QuadCortex as a plugin, like the Helix Native.

That is a huge coding effort I guess. One thing is to visually represent on the PC what happens on the QC, and another thing is to code the sound engine on PC (although they do have the NDSP plugin as a basis)

I could see this being useful for organizing set lists. But I think for creating presets, the QC would need to be attached.

I think this person just wants to be able to open the software to make a preset. Not play with the sound. Basically just visually form a preset with the blocks and later load it to the QC to play through.

Highly doubt they’d ever make a plugin of the entire QC. We barely got a desktop editor and they haven’t even ported a single plugin yet lol. I’m feeling they won’t even make a QC 2 because it’s way more lucrative to sell a plugin than support a buggy hardware unit.

HX edit only works if the helix is plugged in, which is the equivalent of Cortex Control

1 Like

HX Edit, indeed, but Helix Native is the full Helix as a plugin :wink:

I know that lol. I have multiple helix products

Good, me too, including a Helix Rack and Helix Native (which are great products, but do not sound quite as good as the QC) :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally agree and you beat me to it, I was going to post the same; for clarification I understand you to mean that you’d like to be able to open CC in an ‘offline’ mode, NOT that you want CC to be a complete model of the QC and therefore not require the QC to be plugged in, is that correct?

If so you are asking for something very similar to the way the Boss Tone Editor software works, most widely used of course for the Katana amps. See screenshot…

It is a very useful feature of the Boss software, and I would very much like to see CC work in the same way rather than get the blank screen on start-up if the QC is not plugged in…

I understand their post to mean this too…

Exactly, in fact I have the Boss Gt1000 (If it wasn’t for the sound of the QC and its screen I would still be playing with the Boss).