CorOS 2.0.2 is now available

Stop crying. They will fix it

Agreed. They cant even get their emails accurate. No wonder their codes arenā€™t.

Heā€™s not crying. These are all valid assessments. The whole situation is a serious cluster f**k. I am a software developer and systems architect. These course of events has me seriously questioning whether NDSP has a reasonable and modern software development process. Most likely not.

8 Likes

Hello everybody,

I had the same issue yesterday when trying to rename a copy of a preset after changing some parameters. Thought it was my own stupidity and tried different things. Finally - at least for me - it worked by using ā€œsave as ā€¦ā€ then giving the preset a new name, confirm so it switched to the instruments dialog AND here I didnĀ“t confirm again but tapped another instrument and then back to ā€œGuitarā€ and then confirm.
It would be great if someone could check if it works that way in general. May it help someone who needs it badly ā€¦

Since this is my first post here on the forum, IĀ“d like to thank all the regular writers for all the stuff I learned already from your helpful postings!
Anyway, hope this bug will be fixed a.s.a.p.

3 Likes

I received an e-mail alerting me that there was this error with CorOS 2.0.0

Then I received a second e-mail alerting me that there were an error in first e-mail because the issue is with CorOS 2.0.2

This company is beginning to seem funny to me.

4 Likes

I never download an update to a device, phone, or computer until itā€™s been released for at least a week. Anything this cutting edge is bound to have issues and Iā€™m still loving exploring all of the myriad sounds of my QC.

Iā€™ve had a tube amp fail during a gig, that was painful. My QC has never let me down during a gig but I take a Strymon Iridium for backup, just in case.

1 Like

And with this I am selling my QC.
Absurd itā€™s 2023 and presets name are erased !!!not for me (working with MIDI and multiFX since 1993!)

3 Likes

Since 1993 and youā€™ve never seen a SW bug in all that time? Shocking! They acknowledged the issue and provided a work around while they fix it. Iā€™m not sure what more you want, but to each their own.

Good luck to you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Auto erasing presets ā€¦NEVER!

1 Like

Itā€™s not really auto erasing it is it though?
The renaming process is corrupting the preset, causing a crash, and the device then canā€™t load it when it turns back on.

Itā€™s a pretty simple bug Iā€™ve encountered countless times with things like Microsoft Word/Excel etc and many other programs.

Sure itā€™s not ideal, but it happens plenty. That is precisely why I didnā€™t update on Friday afternoon just before going to a band rehearsal, I waited until the next day, by which point the issue had been reported and I knew to wait.
If you donā€™t want to risk bugs, be more patient. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

you said it for most of usā€¦ we are all on board hence why we bought the unit but this is just embarassing and disappointing itĀ“s failure after failure every single weekā€¦ meanhwile the fractal and kemper guys keep getting massive constant updates and proper communication

3 Likes

Is what usually saves relationships. Having the above, I am ready to wait.

Glad to say that this past weekend show went without hitch! It was an important one too as it was a benefit show for my father in law ( the other guitar player in our band ). Heā€™s fighting cancer for now. Any thoughts, prayers for him would be appreciated.

I installed the update as soon as it came out. I normally wait, but I rolled the dice this time lol. The good news is, I had read here about the issue before I found it the hard way. So thanks for the heads up from those that found it :smiley: My QC preformed well as I expected it too.

Things like this are to be expected. Thatā€™s why I always try to have a backup plan, but even then stuff happens

4 Likes

You seem to have been unhappy for a while so this is probably the best move for you. Best of luck and I hope you find what youā€™re looking for.

2 Likes

@Morphire already man youā€™re right itā€™s time to go! and Iā€™m very sorry because I use their plugins a lot! I hope they give a move ā€¦ for them I sayā€¦thank you

2 Likes

All, reminder to keep discussions on topic. Thanks!

Also, updating to 2.0.2 has been temporarily disabled.

1 Like

ok and then letā€™s try to release firmware that is tested! Thank you @MP_Mod

1 Like

I agree and wish there werenā€™t bugs but regardless, they always test their updates and sometimes bugs slip through. Please keep this discussion on topic. If you (and or anyone) wishes to discuss anything via DM, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

itĀ“s not about being more patient, this is the equivalent of victim blaming lol, sure if you know not to update in fridays just in case you can avoid it but the company itself should know better which is why they get paid for. they are the ones that shouldnĀ“t be updating on friday and they are the ones that shouldnĀ“t be having common and simple bugs and issues one after the other

Partly yes partly no.

Full responsibility lies with Neural, that bug should have been caught, because thatā€™s a pretty simple thing that should have been tested.
However, there is always the chance that things get missed, and there could be a variety of reasons why that was the case here.
Hopefully they will have learned from this and improved processes to ensure it does not happen next time.

My point about upgrading still stands thoughā€¦
If you have a show, rehearsal, recording session, or anything important involving your QC (or anything that uses software), I would always recommend not updating it the night before.
ESPECIALLY when there is no way to roll back firmware updates (which Neural should also bring in asap).

1 Like