CorOS 1.1.0 is now available
CorOS 1.1.0 is now available. Download it via Settings > Device Options > Device Updates on your Quad Cortex once connected to Wi-Fi. We recommend that you create a backup before updating your firmware.
CorOS 1.1.0 is our first major update. It includes two brand new devices: Digital Flanger and Shimmer as well as Expression Bypass and auto-engage functionality for expression pedals. Furthermore, all of the Reverb and Delay devices have been optimized allowing for more instances to run in a single Preset. System boot time has been reduced by approximately 25% and USB audio performance has been significantly improved on MacOS and Windows computers.
Read the changelog for the full list of changes.
- Expression Bypass. Expression Bypass functionality has been added and new controls are now available via the Assign Expression Pedal menu. Bypass On, Invert Range, Bypass Delay, and Switch Type.
- Digital Flanger. A new Flanger device has been added with a Volume parameter. The current Flanger has been renamed to “Flangerish”.
- Shimmer. The Shimmer Reverb device has been added.
- Reverb (Modulated, Cave, Hall, Ambience, Room) devices have been optimized. Significantly more instances can be run in a single Preset.
- Reverb (Modulated, Cave, Hall, Ambience, Room) algorithms have been improved, resulting in improved clarity and additional openness to sound.
- Delay (Digital, Ping Pong, Simple, Tape) devices have been optimized. Significantly more instances can be run in a single Preset.
- System boot time has been reduced by approximately 25%. Users with a large number of user Presets should see even greater improvement in performance.
- USB audio performance has been significantly improved on MacOS and Windows computers.
- When downloading Presets or Neural Captures from Cortex Cloud, a spinner now displays when the item is downloading, and a checkmark displays to indicate the download has completed. The checkmark remains visible to indicate previously downloaded items.
- The default parameters for the Simple Flanger and all Reverb devices have been modified.
- Items can now be removed from the “Shared with Me” folder.
- A warning message now displays when connecting to a WiFi network with low signal strength.
- A warning message now displays when sending logs via the Send Report menu.
- Several buttons have been optimized in The Directory to provide more space for Preset/Capture/IR names.
- The Darkglass AOU Captures in Factory Captures 2 have been reorganized to be in the correct order.
- The Tuner now functions correctly when the FREQ parameter is set to any value other than 440 Hz.
- An issue where Outputs would at times randomly be swapped or muted upon booting.
- The Cabsim LEVEL UI has been updated to display “OFF” instead of -12db.
- An issue where the same Input/Output could be assigned to an Input/Output block as well as an FX Loop block.
- An issue where quickly dragging & dropping multiple Presets to the “Copy to Cloud” area would result in an error.
- An issue where the tap tempo footswitch LED would be off after entering & exiting standby mode while the device receives MIDI clock via USB.
- An issue where Scene labels would overlap long device names on the parameter editor.
- An issue where the Neural Capture menu would exit slowly when quitting at the first step.
- An issue where loading a Preset with expression pedal assignments would quickly sweep from the min to max value.
- An issue where using the “Set parameters as defaults” function would not store expression pedal assignments.
- An issue where backup file information would not display correctly when logged in to multiple devices.
- An issue where Reverb devices warble momentarily when added to The Grid.
- An issue where duplicating a Preset or Capture could exceed the max character limit.
- An issue where Starred Presets would display in the Starred Captures list after removing a star from a Neural Capture in The Directory.
- An issue where duplicated Factory Presets would unnecessarily have a number appended to their name.
- An issue where Gig View could open behind the parameter editor when triggered with MIDI CC#46.
- An issue where the author name would show as the sender name when sharing a public Preset/Capture via Cortex Mobile.
- The touch area for the bypass button in the parameter editor has been expanded.
- An issue where some folders in The Directory would incorrectly have drag-and-drop functionality.
- An issue where an incorrect error message would display when uploading a Preset/Capture whose name already existed on the associated Cortex Cloud account.
- An issue where the “something went wrong” error would display behind the parameter editor, preventing the device from being restarted.
- A crash occurring when opening Neural Capture while the device receives MIDI clock via the MIDI DIN jack.
- An issue where the device would become slow after assigning multiple parameters to an expression pedal, moving the device block, then using the undo function.
- An issue where using the Up footswitch to navigate through devices would remove the active block’s bypass when the parameter editor was open.
- An issue where a disabled Grid path would appear enabled after tapping the Input/Output blocks multiple times.
- An issue where some FX Loop blocks could not be created after using the undo function to change Input/Output block types.
- An issue where CC Toggle could be selected in the On Preset Load Message menu.
- An issue where a Scene label would be displayed next to the microphone name in the parameter editor of the cab block when using certain bass cabinets.
- An issue where changing the master volume would not take effect while the Tuner was active when streaming USB audio.
- An issue where the Tuner would not detect a signal after changing the input and power-cycling the device.
- An issue where a Cloud Preset is still viewable in The Directory if the Preset is deleted via Cortex Mobile while The Directory is open.
- An issue where “Error 203” would appear when double-tapping the delete button when deleting a Preset or Capture from Cortex Cloud via The Directory.
- An issue where the device would become unresponsive to MIDI messages after spamming MIDI messages in quick succession.
- An issue where an existing Preset would be overwritten when creating a new Preset via the contextual menu when the Setlist is full.
- An issue where the Shared with Me folder would return to the page it was closed on when leaving and returning to The Directory.
- An issue where IR names would be preserved in the Save menu when saving a Preset after saving an IR.
- An issue where Presets/Captures could become un-starred when scrolling the Cloud folders near the Star icons.
- An issue where tags would not correctly display when downloading a Preset and modifying the bank location.
- An issue where parameters could not be unassigned from Scenes when using a custom IR in the Cab block.
- The save button on The Grid now correctly returns to its default state 2 seconds after tapping it to save your changes.
- An issue where some bass cabs would sound distant upon initial load.
- An issue where the Foog device’s MIX parameter would show 0-10% instead of 0-100%.
- Several minor backend fixes and optimizations.